Cold Packs

DETAquarium

Hey Shrimpspot!

I know as we are nearing the warmer months of the year I will need to pick up cold packs to accompany my shrimp to their new destination. I know everyone uses UniHeat for the heat packs, but what does everyone use for Cold Packs? Any specific company? Ideally I am looking for cold packs that will fit the 7x7x6 USPS boxes. 

Thank you all!

Daryl/DETAquarium

Get these they come in flat sheets so shipping is cheap. Just add water and freeze. Use them all the time and you only have to use what you need at a time. The rest can store for later use,

Get these they come in flat sheets so shipping is cheap. Just add water and freeze. Use them all the time and you only have to use what you need at a time. The rest can store for later use,

Fantastic. I saw these, but didnt know if I should buy the Dry, Gel, or Phase 22. What is your recommendation per oz for a 7x7x6 USPS box ?

I got shrimp shipped this past January with no heat pack and delivered on a day where the high was 16F. Shrimp were fine in the ice cold water, from what I hear tigers are more sensitive to the cold.

Why don't people use these?

http://www.cryopak.com/en/cold-chain-packaging/phase-change-material/phase-22-panel/

I used to use them for dart frogs a lot

Too expensive. Dry cold pack is good enough with proper isolation.

Fantastic. I saw these, but didnt know if I should buy the Dry, Gel, or Phase 22. What is your recommendation per oz for a 7x7x6 USPS box ?

Ok, I am planning on ordering the Dry Ice Packs and see how they go. BUT back to this question, what is everyone's recommendation per oz for a 7x7x6 USPS box? I see 2oz up to 8?

Thank you.

Ok, I am planning on ordering the Dry Ice Packs and see how they go. BUT back to this question, what is everyone's recommendation per oz for a 7x7x6 USPS box? I see 2oz up to 8?

Thank you.

I only use one cold pack in summer time. between 3-4oz.

I also use blown-in insulation materiel as well. so the cold pack doesn't touch the breather bag.