Hello from Illinois

wot_fan

Hi everyone.

I have been lurking here for the last couple of months and figured it was time I introduced myself.  I have already learned a great deal from posts here and those on SKF.  I know I have just scratched the surface though.

I started my first tank for Orange Rilis in January.  The tank has had its ups and downs but thanks to the helpful members of SKF (especially Shrimpy Daddy), it is on track now.  The colony currently consists of half a dozen adults and 20+ shrimplets.

A week ago I started a CRS tank using Shrimpy Daddy products.  It has only been a week, but the 8 CRS I have seem to be happy in their new home.  I am really looking forward to my first CRS shrimplet.

Here is the 20G Rili tank

IMG_9328.jpg

Here is the mother of most of my shrimplets taken a few days before the shrimplets hatched.

IMG_9086_3.jpg

New born shrimplet

IMG_9148_6.jpg

Week old shrimplets

IMG_9303.jpgIMG_9275_2.jpg

Month old shrimplet

IMG_9221.jpgIMG_9254.jpg

My 29G CRS tank

IMG_9323.jpg

5 of my CRS.  These were taken a few hours after they were added to the tank.  

IMG_9172.jpgIMG_9184.jpgIMG_9186.jpgIMG_9187.jpgIMG_9192.jpg

Wow, your pictures are amazing. I love berried Rili with the eyes showing and new eggs already developing. Welcome.
What camera & objective are you using?

Hi wot-fan, glad to see you here.  Really nice pictures.

I've read your SKF journal several times, theres a TON of great info in there.  It's nice to see all the hard work you've put into your tank has resulted in something amazing.

Interesting to find you you're from IL, the past several months I never noticed that fact and just assumed you were in AUS.

Hi Shrimple minded.  Thanks for the complements.

Overall, I am very happy with the way my Rili tank is turning out.  Since you have read my journal, you know it has had its problems.  Thank goodness for forums like this and SKF.

When I decided I wanted to keep shrimp I joined the first forum I found (SKF) and started posting questions.  I found the Shrimp Spot a little later.  Since my questions were being answered at SKF, I haven't had a reason to post here.   I have met some really cool people on SKF but I would like to also get to know some people from this side of the pond :).

Welcome wot_fan! We are glad to have you, very nice tank setups! Orange Rilis look very good,

totally new here myself, glad someone brought up the topic of photography. I have a Cannon digital rebel and some macro lenses, so it's good to know I have a decent start on that part of this whole venture.

Anyway, from one new member to another, welcome!

Welcome to you too :).  

There are a lot of good photographers here.  If you aren't happy with the results your are getting, just post some of your pictures and ask for advice.  The advice I received has improved my shrimp photos dramatically.  Good luck.