Mischling Babies

I had 3 berried misclings in my tank the other day. This evening I checked them and didn't see one berried female. I was bumbed for a second. I thought they had dropped their eggs. Just as I started to look for the eggs I saw a little speck swim in front of me. Low and behold it was a tiny baby. I looked in my mossy field with my magnifying glass and a flashlight and there are a ton of babies hanging out in there. They looked happier than an ant at a picnic. I love that feeling you get when you see babies for the first time in a shrimp tank. It's like a sense of accomplishment.

I love that feeling congrats to you my friend. I have two berried tibees in my tank I received from someone on tpt. I haven't checked to see if they're still berried or if they dropped or hatched. But when I looked at them while acclimating they had little eyes in the eggs. So I acclimated them slowly for 6 hours and I'm hoping that was enough so the babies and everyone survied.

Awesome Congrats! It is always nice to see these guys, you almost don't see them but once you notice they are everywhere! Give them a week or so and they will be more noticeable. Never tried the magnifying glass trick, I might have to as I have tiny babies I would like to see more of!

I had 3 berried misclings in my tank the other day. This evening I checked them and didn't see one berried female. I was bumbed for a second. I thought they had dropped their eggs. Just as I started to look for the eggs I saw a little speck swim in front of me. Low and behold it was a tiny baby. I looked in my mossy field with my magnifying glass and a flashlight and there are a ton of babies hanging out in there. They looked happier than an ant at a picnic. I love that feeling you get when you see babies for the first time in a shrimp tank. It's like a sense of accomplishment.

Hopefully there are some TB in there! Can't wait until mine start breeding, still lining up my TBs probably be a few weeks still as I wait on the tanks to mature! I just got the last 20L up and running last night, should have 4 Taiwan tanks shortly!

• 3 weeks later...

I just noticed a couple all white ones. I'll be keeping a close eye on these guys. It's amazing how much nore details

you can see with the magnifying glass. Highly recommend anyone not using one to try it out. In my case I need it! lol!