Creating Shipping labels?

Elo500

How do shippers create the box labels and send you tracking information? Is it all done through PayPal or usps? Do you have to have a usps scale connected to the computer to weigh the box and get the shipping label?

You need a scale for sure. Incorrect postage can also be a crime if you pay too little.

You can get a good 75lb digital scale for about $20 on Amazon. Doesn't have to be connected to computer.

You can use USPS or Paypal.

I strongly recommend Endicia as it has an integrated address verification upon purchasing postage.

Once postage is purchased, you can copy the tracking number and send to customer if not automated.

So, with PayPal, I can use my Brother label printer.  However, on USPS.com, I find that the best that I can do is print the "half page" on a laser printer, and then tape it to the box.  Does stamps.com let you print to a label printer?  I know it is minor, but I find it handy to use my label printer, and prefer that if possible.

So, with PayPal, I can use my Brother label printer.  However, on USPS.com, I find that the best that I can do is print the "half page" on a laser printer, and then tape it to the box.  Does stamps.com let you print to a label printer?  I know it is minor, but I find it handy to use my label printer, and prefer that if possible.

You have to be more specific.

What brother label printer do you have?

Stamps.com and Endicia is best for 4"x6" labels since pretty much every company uses them.

There are many printer options.

I use USPS.com to create label, and it has discount over USPS office.

for rate, it's cheaper if it's less than one pound, over one pound is same. so If you don't have scale, just put 2 pounds or 3 pounds in there.

OK, found the answer I was looking for - stamps.com nicely puts out their compatibility list in a nice chart.

http://store.stamps.com/Store/support/faq/about/printers/printercompatibility.jsp

So, looks like the main supported thermal/label printers are the Dymo, Seiko and Zebra brands.  I imagine those with other brands that can run in compatibility mode with these three might be fine.  Good info to know.

OK, found the answer I was looking for - stamps.com nicely puts out their compatibility list in a nice chart.

http://store.stamps.com/Store/support/faq/about/printers/printercompatibility.jsp

So, looks like the main supported thermal/label printers are the Dymo, Seiko and Zebra brands.  I imagine those with other brands that can run in compatibility mode with these three might be fine.  Good info to know.

companies list make and models that are more popular.

if your printer can print the same size they support it may work.