Breed Pinto Mischling, how?

Hi,

I've got a very nice Pinto group, but they seems to be almost all male. Normally with Taiwan Bee, I just add a nice Crystal Red to breed some Mischling / Hybrids and expand the group like that.

But I'm not sure, when adding a female Crystal Red to the Pinto group, will all the offspring be Mischling with the Pinto gene?

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks

Yes, that doesn't sound like a good way to breed tibee pinto mischlings although you'll not be able to produce pintos in F1. Offspring of a pinto x CRS cross will be tibees (one copy of TB gene and varying degrees of tiger gene expressions).

From what I have been told if you dont have a Pinto to cross with a pinto best to cross with a Mosura KK. Still a long way to go to get back to Pinto, this was my original plan but I just ended up buying more pintos and now I have a pair of Zebras and a trio of spot head German pinto with two more German spot heads on the way. I figure in the long run it is worth my money to get a pair instead of diluting the Pinto genes.

Yeah good point. Since it's still unclear (to me) what the pinto is exactly, I might not go on the path of mixing in genes I might not want into this group.
I have a group op 10, and when one molted, 8 of them were doing the shrimp dance. So I believe up to 8 might be males. That's why I was wondering if there was a short way to create Pinto Mischling. I might better be patient a little longer or else get some guaranteed Pinto females.

So I will change my route.

But if anyone know the exact way of breeding Pinto Mischling, i'm still interested to hear.

Pinto x CRS/CBS you will get some tibee some mischlings with pinto gene. This would take a long time and results would be random.  Pinto x pinto is best and will produce mostly pintos.  With fancy tiger x pinto you wouldn't be producing mischlings but I think its the fastest way to more pintos if you cant do pinto x pinto.