Shipping Fish Questions

Soothing Shrimp

That should do it.  I would put the fish in with water and lay the bag down in different position to see if the fish is always covered with water.  Can you double bag Kordon bags a fish that size may need it. 

I read a piece about shipping fish and the person likened shipping fish to us traveling in a car.  He said we stay strapped in our seats until we arrive to the destination we're not up and moving all over the car.  Same with fish the just need enough water and air to keep them in good shape until they arrive.  They don't need a huge bag of water to swim all over while shipping.

Shipping fish is tricky.

fish fin can penetrate the thin bag (as breather bag) easy.

so shipping fish with trick regular bag and O2 is safer.

• 5 months later...

3 mil Poly bags stood in the upright position is best. Box marked for this as well. I recieved and order of 52 Crytoheros,  3" cichlids shipped this way, less sloshing and separate bag, per fish. The sharp pecktrol fins can pierce a Kordon bag too easily.

Agreed. Not a problem with small fish like endlers, etc., but poly for larger.

Only other thing I'd like to add from experience is stay away from shipping this time of year as a 2 day package can take over a week to arrive.

Also from experience, when shipping I never mark live animals on my packages anymore. Well meaning workers set them aside and end up forgetting about them.