super crystal red.

Just for clarification, super reds indeed are not low grade crs.

Super reds were bred in reverse.  A nice solid grade of crs was taken, and bred to increase the red, while minimizing the white.  (Actually two people came out with reds at the same time and an argument ensued. But that's another story.)

While it is true that low grade crs have large coverage of red, the density of pigment often is not the best.

Just for clarification, super reds indeed are not low grade crs.

Super reds were bred in reverse.  A nice solid grade of crs was taken, and bred to increase the red, while minimizing the white.  (Actually two people came out with reds at the same time and an argument ensured. But that's another story.)

While it is true that low grade crs have large coverage of red, the density of pigment often is not the best.

From what you had just explained.

Super Red should be CRS with soild full red body, no white. And the red should be soild and intense.

Am I correct?

I actually have a small colony going, this is the only one I was able to get a picture of since they like to stay in the back of the tank but we have a few that have better coloration than this one. Like everyone pointed out it require quite a bit of selective breeding for more red instead of white.

DSC01722_zpsgwv3kuzk.jpg

Some of my super reds...slowly building the colony back up of C grades and super reds, had a mishap using No Planaria that wiped out a lot of my  breeding group (over 20 adults, no telling how many juvies and babies...sigh).  I have some C grade culls for sale right now, culls meaning they have too much white to keep in my C grade tank.  My Cull tank is producing more C grades than anything and their isn't a C grade in that tank!  Got a couple of Super red babies I've spotted, just gotta get them to adulthood to move back into the main tank.

post-4-0-44977500-1440033829_thumb.jpg

post-4-0-81826300-1440033836_thumb.jpg

its almost hard to tell that super red crystal from a red wine!  Also the one pictured by Blue Crown looks more like a

fancy red tibee to me than CRS

Some of my super reds...slowly building the colony back up of C grades and super reds, had a mishap using No Planaria that wiped out a lot of my  breeding group (over 20 adults, no telling how many juvies and babies...sigh).  I have some C grade culls for sale right now, culls meaning they have too much white to keep in my C grade tank.  My Cull tank is producing more C grades than anything and their isn't a C grade in that tank!  Got a couple of Super red babies I've spotted, just gotta get them to adulthood to move back into the main tank.

Do your Super Red CRS have tiger gene it them? It looks to me it is next to impossible to obtain pure red CRS by just selective breeding of CRS alone. I am guessing the additon of tiger gene, such as red tiger, is need to wipe out the white......

No, no tiger in mine at all.  Mine are all CRS, never been mixed with anything.  I can tell you environment plays a big part in the amount of white.

That means you are picking out those with less white to breed for generations in order the full red bodies?

Wondering how many generations will it take.......