Timers for racks?

I've been using this timer, although I'm on my second one because the first one failed.  Defining insanity.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_608803-66906-UTTNID002___?productId=50244773&pl=1&Ntt=digital+timer

Timer 2 has had no issues

I use the HD one mentioned above on a few tanks. Other than being a bit quirky to program, it has worked great. For my main shrimp room, I use an Apex controller. I bought it for a reef setup I never finished, so now I use it in the shrimp room.

I've used these for the past few years without fail.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Defiant-15-Amp-7-Day-Plug-In-2-Outlet-Digital-Timer-49808/203678095

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I use this timer as well. It is slightly a pain to program but works well. It does lose time slowly which isnt a big deal, and it has as internal battery that keeps time when the power goes out which mine does occasionally.

I use the Intermatic DT27 timer.  They have a ton of options for programing but what I like the best is if I turn them on manually they still turn off at the scheduled time.  I found with the others I would turn them on manually to do work in the tanks and then forget to set them back to the automatic setting so my lights would stay on 24/7 until I noticed.

I use the Intermatic DT27 timer.  They have a ton of options for programing but what I like the best is if I turn them on manually they still turn off at the scheduled time.  I found with the others I would turn them on manually to do work in the tanks and then forget to set them back to the automatic setting so my lights would stay on 24/7 until I noticed.

I use this timer on my reptile cage.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006LYHEEY?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00

It has 4 options:

On

On auto

Off

Off auto

if I turn it on manually  and want it off on schedule, just select On Auto.

Yes! My older timers (not digi) would follow a schedule if turned on manually. My newest timers don't, and it has been a problem more than once!

I find digi timers hard to program, altho if it is just the same time every day that would be easier. The battery backup is handy, if it actually works.

We are all using gfci as well, right?

i use these for all of my tanks, two outlet timer - 2pack

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00O3H03LW/ref=sr_ph_1?m=AU5MW0P13QZ5V&ie=UTF8&qid=1440079991&sr=sr-1&keywords=timer

also to note: if you are using florescent bulbs, digital timers will hurt the bulb or I think the ballast due to the trickle,  maybe an electrical shrimper can chime in on this?

I use them on all of my setups, the longest for about a year with one running 48" finnex planted+ and a powerhead for co2 reactor and another running co2 solonoid and a cooling fan.   They are definitely heavy duty than the kind you would pick up at walmart or what not.