New Babies

Aennedry

This has been a great week in three of my tanks. In number one I finally have Tangerine Tiger babies! Ordered them from Elo500 several months ago and they were my start into tigers. Have had them berried on and off since but finally the learning curve curved my way and babies! Now gotta get the little buggers to maturity.

In the second tank not quite babies, but I have counted three berried opae'ula, and I have only had this group since August. So soon there should be larvae in the tank. 

And of course on the RCS front, a baby boom. (followed the advice of many and went straight to ro as the water in my new appartment is total crap) Will be doing much culling when they get bigger, working on getting them to sakura red, a project since they were my starter pet store shrimp.

Fingers crossed that everything will continue to go well. The only thing that will make this week better in my tanks would be if all the water fleas would spontaneously disappear forever.

=^._.^=

Congratulations! What a great feeling, I get just as excited still when I see berried shrimp.

The only thing that will make this week better in my tanks would be if all the water fleas would spontaneously disappear forever.

=^._.^=

If they really bother you perhaps consider getting or renting lol a little shoal of one of the shrimp friendly dwarf rasbora, boraras maculatus are my favorite.I move these around my shrimp tanks and no further issues.. I know some folk will say they could eat baby shrimp, but I have not seen any drop in numbers of young. 

Congrats! Always exiting to see new shrimp. Any tips for the tangerine tigers? I just got 10 last week and hoping they breed as well as everyone says they do.

Well, they went into my oldest tank, two years old. Just my normal setup, well planted, IAL. I think it took them a while to get use to the setup. I did drip acclimate them for two hours before putting them in. Three females are berried now, so I am hoping for many more babies now.

Congrats. Opae'ula are on my wish list next spring when it gets warm enough.

I love my opae'ula, they were my second shrimp. Ordered from petshrimp.com first to see how they would do. I also got my small brackish water snails and brackish water Chaetomorpha there. They did good, so ordered more on Aquabid from Ark. fifty for $30. They are very hardy, in my pack there was even a little larvae that came through the trip fine. My dream is to set up my 38gal tall for them, with a rock wall in the back, tons of macroalgae and maybe a few Hawai'ian hermit crabs as shown on Shrimpmart.com.

If they really bother you perhaps consider getting or renting lol a little shoal of one of the shrimp friendly dwarf rasbora, boraras maculatus are my favorite.I move these around my shrimp tanks and no further issues.. I know some folk will say they could eat baby shrimp, but I have not seen any drop in numbers of young. 

Hadn't thought of that. Something to keep in mind for next year once it gets warm again. Have a site in my bookmarks that carry those, chilis and dwarf cories that I had been looking at for a while. 

=^._.^=