Long glove to protect the shrimps & your hand

usgetata

Have anyone use this Nitrile coated gloves when taking care of your shrimp tanks? I read the reviews and most owners love wearing it to clean their fish tanks. Do you think it is safe for shrimps?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001PBEJ00?psc=1&redirect=true&ref%5F=od%5Faui%5Fdetailpages00&tag=vglnkc5463-20&pldnSite=1

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

They kinda look like the long gloves to pregnancy check cows.

That's what I was thinking but personally those don't fit my fingers no matter what size! It would be way too difficult to pluck, cut etc. Probably my own fingers are too skinny but it would work for someone more well endowed(hands) lol!

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

If you worrying about introducing nasty bacteria in the tank with your hands you can always mix a bucket of water with peroxide and wash your hands in it before cleaning the tank. I do it all the time. I put about 2-3 tbs of 9% peroxide in 10L bucket to make antiseptic solution. You can then splash your hands with ro water after and do your aquaskaping or whatever you want in your tank with your hands.

That's what I was thinking but personally those don't fit my fingers no matter what size! It would be way too difficult to pluck, cut etc. Probably my own fingers are too skinny but it would work for someone more well endowed(hands) lol!

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

I think the water pressure would form fit to your fingers.

If you worrying about introducing nasty bacteria in the tank with your hands you can always mix a bucket of water with peroxide and wash your hands in it before cleaning the tank. I do it all the time. I put about 2-3 tbs of 9% peroxide in 10L bucket to make antiseptic solution. You can then splash your hands with ro water after and do your aquaskaping or whatever you want in your tank with your hands.

And for those who use peroxide often and didn't know this, I just learned that you can take the sprayer off a standard spray bottle, clip the tube if needed, and screw that sucker right onto the top of your peroxide bottle. Thought that was too handy not to share. :)

And for those who use peroxide often and didn't know this, I just learned that you can take the sprayer off a standard spray bottle, clip the tube if needed, and screw that sucker right onto the top of your peroxide bottle. Thought that was too handy not to share. :)

thanks for mentioning this! I have done similar with other stuff, just never thought about the peroxide for some reason.

• 2 months later...