Red/Blue TB possible?

So there's black pandas and red/wine pandas.

There are shadow/blue pandas which are black and blue.

Is it possible to get that same blue color with a red panda for a red and blue panda?

Spider Panda? Super Panda? RBP? Blood Sky Panda? Blood Moon Panda? Low grades could be MuriPandas? Naming is fun

-Duffy

BLUE is a primary colour and cant be made with mixing/breeding with other colours.

somebody has to be lucky with a shrimplet that is born with a mutation that only affected the colour gene and created blue 

the guy who is sooo lucky enough to get that taiwan bee muatation will earn soo much money!!!!

ps: i hope im that son of a lucky b*tch :)

So seems like it may be possible but only through a lucky mutation?

Maybe there's some toxic waste around to speed up the process. May end up with a blue, purple, orange, and red pairing.

I wish I had paid more attention in bio.

-Duffy

Perhaps I didn't go in depth enough. My fault. I tend to write sometimes in shorthand.

In neos "black" is often heavily pigmented blue. Blue jelly TB I would think is caused by layers of "black" (blue) that have been stripped away, until a thin layer remains to give that blue look.

By the "black" feathering out into the white, the white underneath and to the sides makes the blue show through.

So the shrimp only has the one dark color, it is just varied throughout the body.

Now, having said that, I have some cards that are brownies. So different layers may contain different looks. Depending on what layer is missing may depend on what color we are seeing.

Similer to a dilution gene in mammals.

Perhaps I didn't go in depth enough. My fault. I tend to write sometimes in shorthand.

In neos "black" is often heavily pigmented blue. Blue jelly TB I would think is caused by layers of "black" (blue) that have been stripped away, until a thin layer remains to give that blue look.

By the "black" feathering out into the white, the white underneath and to the sides makes the blue show through.

So the shrimp only has the one dark color, it is just varied throughout the body.

Now, having said that, I have some cards that are brownies. So different layers may contain different looks. Depending on what layer is missing may depend on what color we are seeing.

Gotcha!

So as long as the blue/black neo coloration applies to cards, then when you were saying the Red Shadow, it would be the red coloration "seeping" into the white? Or whatever color/combination makes the red.

I wonder what that coloration would look like? Would it look pinkish or just a light red?

the genes of the taiwan bee is still a mystery.... nobody as far as i know has studied the whole DNA  of the shrimp 

the blue can not be caused with black layers.... think about a blue bolt.... somebody had a snow white who had a little bit of blue trough a mutation and kept on breeding with it until it became stronger due to its primary colour source......

unfortunetly the blue gene can be passed to black and white variation but it cannot be passed to red shrimps....... idk why?

it is possible trough a mutation or with a genetic modification like the glowfish you can buy at a petstore....

i bet taiwan breeders are working on genetic modification........ its always asian breeders who come to the market with a new specie of shrimps......

the genes of the taiwan bee is still a mystery.... nobody as far as i know has studied the whole DNA  of the shrimp 

the blue can not be caused with black layers.... think about a blue bolt.... somebody had a snow white who had a little bit of blue trough a mutation and kept on breeding with it until it became stronger due to its primary colour source......

unfortunetly the blue gene can be passed to black and white variation but it cannot be passed to red shrimps....... idk why?

it is possible trough a mutation or with a genetic modification like the glowfish you can buy at a petstore....

i bet taiwan breeders are working on genetic modification........ its always asian breeders who come to the market with a new specie of shrimps......

I definitely get what you're saying.

I want to throw out some different variables on the subject, I'm not saying you're wrong and I'm definitely not saying I'm right. I know very little about genetics especially not in shrimp haha.

Another thing it COULD be with blue bolts is just a weaker black coloration and pigmentation shows up as blue? I believe that Snows/Goldens originated from Crystal Blacks right? Maybe that blue coloration from the snows mutation is related to the black pigmentation of the crystal blacks.  

Hell, maybe the black is just an extremely intense blue! Making blue bolts like "less" intense KK's?  I've heard that some KK/Pandas when stressed look blue. As well as baby KK looking blue before they mature.

Could just be a mutation of the white pigment as well like you're saying :). Weird that it has only shown up in the black or pure white varieties... Hmmmm... Now all I can think about is a red tiger with blue stripes and vise-versa.

This goes back to a thread of mine regarding a black and red Taiwan Bee. I think it will be entirely dependent on mutation, but as we advance in Tibees and Taitibees I think the bounds we were limited to before are increasingly broader as time goes along.

You are all talking on a higher level of genetics than I grasp at this time but as you mentioned the blue jellies I figured I could share my experience with their color. Hopefully it adds to the discussion at hand of color genetics.

When first received, my Blue jellies had the classic colors of blue and white, but within about a month i found them change to be more of a panda with black instead of the blue. I thought at first it was lighting but i tried a few different lights. Now recently with the last molt they have changed color again and are showing shadow panda colors of black and blue with no white. Not sure what to make of this but in regards to genetics I believe it goes to Soothings points about layers of coloration. Blue and black as layers.

here a picture that maybe makes more sence

you can clearly see that a blue bolt is actualy not a taiwan bee BUT because everybody says it is a taiwan bee it became a taiwan bee......... blue and red bolt genes are wayu off the genes of other taiwan bees...... i will try to post the link later on....

normal taiwan bee is caused from a mutation with a crystal red or black.............

blue and red bolt is caused from a golden/white bee mutation

so saying that blue bolts arent selective bred doesnt make sence at all....................

every shrimp has been selectiv bred after a mutation otherwise we wouldnt had it

2mrdzr9.jpg

I'd have to disagree with the chart on this...

CBS/CRS throw goldens/snows

TB throw blue bolts.  I've seen this first hand.  Those blue bolt can then be selective bred for extreme. 

There is no way a CRS or CBS will throw a BB, unless possibly mischlings.

Perhaps someone else may chime in to give a different opinion...

This is just my opinion.

CRS/CBS don't throw Taiwan Bees either, Taiwan bees were a mutation from CRS/CBS that were then selectively bred. Just like Blue Bolts could be a mutation of Golden/Snow Whites. I would have to say Blue/Red Bolts simply resemble Snow White/Golden Shrimp quite a bit, especially when their coverage is poor.

There is no right or wrong currently until we can scientifically prove where the genetics are coming from.

deta aquarium......... thats what im trying to say the whole time.... it is and stays a mutaded version of a crystal variation no exceptions. 

sooting shrimp why wouldnt a tw throw a BB...... if his grandparents were a blue bolt and the children has the genes there will be a blue bolt on the next couple generation.............