Have anyone used this?

gcorona301

Honestly, genetics is the most important aspect of color.

Many a newbie are ripped off with products giving the impression they can make cherries look like painteds, or give thick whites to cards.

Im planning on actually buying painted cherry  shrimp, i have read that a having a good diet can bring out a brighter color. Of course with good water conditions and a good environment 

I bought some Shiakura Baby Shrimp Food and my PFR's wouldn't touch it.

I bought some HAN Aquatics brand baby food and all the shrimp combed the tank for hours just in case they missed some.

Edit: My point is not to knock any brand of food, but to point out that different species like different foods. I went through several different fish food for the same reason. Also I agree with others about color enhancing advertising, as I have never noticed a change in color of my shrimp other than tank conditions, dark substrate seems to make them deeper red and white sand seems to dull them down. It's not a huge change but is noticeable.

I think what Soothing was trying to say was to try and avoid products that may promise enhanced colors. Genetics play the biggest role there.

With that said, you're on the right track by wanting to purchase Painted Fire Red shrimp, since they are easy to breed and a good starter shrimp with nice red coloring. I've not tried Ebi Dama myself, but I've read good reviews as a staple food. You'll find that certain shrimp will prefer some foods over others. For example, my Orange Eye Blue Tigers prefer plant-based foods, like spinach, Cologne Shrimp Food Omnipro, and Tantora Mulberry Plus, whereas my Bloody Marys will eat those above plus meatier foods like Mosura Gravidas, and Shrimp King Protein. Take your time, try stuff out, research on this forum, and feed sparingly.

I think what Soothing was trying to say was to try and avoid products that may promise enhanced colors. Genetics play the biggest role there.

With that said, you're on the right track by wanting to purchase Painted Fire Red shrimp, since they are easy to breed and a good starter shrimp with nice red coloring. I've not tried Ebi Dama myself, but I've read good reviews as a staple food. You'll find that certain shrimp will prefer some foods over others. For example, my Orange Eye Blue Tigers prefer plant-based foods, like spinach, Cologne Shrimp Food Omnipro, and Tantora Mulberry Plus, whereas my Bloody Marys will eat those above plus meatier foods like Mosura Gravidas, and Shrimp King Protein. Take your time, try stuff out, research on this forum, and feed sparingly.

Thanks for explaining! and yeah ima try out the Ebi Dama and depending how my shrimp react then ill change it if necessary. as a beginner im trying to learn as much as possible  :geek:

Thanks for explaining! and yeah ima try out the Ebi Dama and depending how my shrimp react then ill change it if necessary. as a beginner im trying to learn as much as possible  :geek:

learn now so you save yourself $$$. I am pretty sure we all learned this the hard way.

I've got both Ebi dama and Ebi dama special. My shrimps going crazy when I feed special one but like Ebi dama normal one too. My tip - don't feed only one brand or shrimps get bored and not going to like it much, try to feed deferent food every day for whole week and then repeat.

Thanks for the advice !