New 10Gal CRS tank

Maurice

Hi everybody,

I have setup another tank around a month ago for CRS

The tank is finished cycling and ordered some some SS and S CRS, will be here on Tuesday :)

tank details:

10Gal

HOB and sponge filter

ADA Aamazonia with ADA bacter 100 and Old sea mud as additives underneath the substrate

PH - 6.2

TDS - 125 - RO/DI with SSgh +

GH - 4.5

KH - 0/1

NH4 - 0

NO3 - 0

I am keeping the tank minimilastic with only some fissidens on wood, some cones and IAL

I will update again when the shrimps are in 

IMG_5898_zpsm4ly8eji.jpg

IMG_5897_zpsycqoa2fh.jpg

Hi Louie,

Never thought of that, and its actually a good idea yes!

I might just even do it tonight lol

Lol you are a plant person.  I suspect in time you will have at least tiny pots be it clay or shot glasses with some plants in there .

I go to a pet store that sells cherry shrimp and they have a few 1 ounce shot glasses with gravel and water sprite growing in bushes out of it  .  It looks very nice .

Ah thanks, I do have a few of the tiny ones. Didn't know they were bigger, I usually just use the dual ones.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Thanks guys :)

Got my shrimps today, they are in the tank after acclimitising.

Here are a couple random picks of some

They are still a little dull in colour, only been in the tank for an hour now

Looks like I got a couple sss grade instead of ss :)

IMG_5908_zpsicn7ioj9.jpg[/url

IMG_5913_zpsk5arbhqo.jpg

IMG_5915_zpsxkrtpgq9.jpg

IMG_5935_zpszj8w8hyx.jpg

IMG_5948_zpswkhdxndl.jpg

IMG_5951_zpsykzvtrot.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Louie

Thay all doing great, should get some photos up again

I am busy setting up another tank that will be the same size ecs for CBS

I have learned my lesson with Caridina and tap water :(

So using RO/DI with SS GH + to get tds 125 and GH to 4.5

I use this also for my Neos to get tds 180 and GH to 7.5

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Louie

Thay all doing great, should get some photos up again

I am busy setting up another tank that will be the same size ecs for CBS

I have learned my lesson with Caridina and tap water :(

So using RO/DI with SS GH + to get tds 125 and GH to 4.5

I use this also for my Neos to get tds 180 and GH to 7.5

CBS are my favorite as like the contrast between white/black .

You do get interesting colors and rili's if you put a few CRS/CBS together so maybe a third tank might also be an idea .

"You do get interesting colors and rili's if you put a few CRS/CBS together..."

Huh? LOL My brain must not be working today. I don't get it. How can you get rilis from crs/cbs?

Maybe he means similar colors lol or brain fart.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

"You do get interesting colors and rili's if you put a few CRS/CBS together..."

Huh?  LOL  My brain must not be working today.  I don't get it.  How can you get rilis from crs/cbs?

Seemed to me that I got shrimp from my mixture of CRS/CBS which looked like Rili's .

They had that saddle color but not full cbs nor crs.

Haha, yes please some pics :)

I am getting the list of the importer today so might get some bees depending on price
But will open another thread for the new tank, its still busy cycling for the moment

I had my first berried in the tank 3 nights ago but the lady has dropped them, first time berried so not to worried as this is quite normal for first berried, there are 2 nice big SS females with saddles so waiting for them to molt, but this will also be there first time berried

I bought 20 in total but lost 2 the very first night by them jumping/climbing out, so added some bracing around the tank

Heres a cell pic of them eating some Shrimp King complete

photo_zpsiayrn048.jpg

I want pics, Louie! :)

These aren't the best pics because I use an old cell phone and it picks up green hue due to light .  Though the water is very clear but the cell phone seems to pick the green color .

The initial shrimps were Crystal red, Crystal black and few white ones .  Over the year I have gotten what look like Rili and few with stripes down the back just to mention a few types .

This tank is a 20 gallon long and perhaps over 100 shrimps by now but the one's without any color I net when I can and put in with guppies and endlers .

I have gotten very neat colors and even have a few solid blacks which I'll photograph when I see them.

post-74-0-72797500-1453366788_thumb.jpg

post-74-0-96334700-1453365903_thumb.jpg

post-74-0-45725900-1453365925_thumb.jpg

post-74-0-73558600-1453365956_thumb.jpg

I mean no disrespect Louie, so please don't take this that way.  :)

Are you sure those rili/lines aren't neos?

The neos tend to get racing stripes on the back, and can look just like that rili. 

An indicator, for instance, is if you look closely on the cheek of the rili, it is not filled in.  This is a common problem with neo rilis, so we often cross rili with fire or pfr to close the "ear hole."

Other indicators are full red shrimp in the background.  CRS won't be full red.  Even low grades or super reds have some white on them. ;)

The white ones are cards though.

I mean no disrespect Louie, so please don't take this that way.  :)

Are you sure those rili/lines aren't neos?

The neos tend to get racing stripes on the back, and can look just like that rili. 

An indicator, for instance, is if you look closely on the cheek of the rili, it is not filled in.  This is a common problem with neo rilis, so we often cross rili with fire or pfr to close the "ear hole."

Other indicators are full red shrimp in the background.  CRS won't be full red.  Even low grades or super reds have some white on them. ;)

The white ones are cards though.

''Are you sure those rili/lines aren't neos?''

lol oh no disrespect at all . As long as you don't mock root beer floats  (root beer with vanilla Ice cream ) than we don't have a problem .

I call them Rili because to me they look like Rili .   I don't know what is what as far as neo or not .

To me they look like Rili so I gave them that name .

The cherry shrimp are also off springs because I have never put cherry shrimp in that tank .

Here are also two diff color hues of the Whites.

post-74-0-73521700-1453391914_thumb.jpg

Does the horizontal white one have a clear midsection?  If so, that snowball is called "skeleton."  :)

Does the horizontal white one have a clear midsection?  If so, that snow is called "skeleton."  :)

He has a clear midsection but the other one isn't actually white but a pinkish/white .  I have several of both .

Over time I got a few interesting colors from the initial pure CBS,CRS and White shrimp and I have sold the babies are pure Panda shrimp at $50.00 each.

Lol I'm just kidding I don't know shrimp genetics nor would I ever sell shrimp .  Though in last few batches I no longer mix shrimp and individual tanks .