Tiger shrimp with red cherries?

houdini56

I have 16 red cherries (two of which are berried!!) in my 10g shrimp-only tank and would love to add some tiger shrimp...looking at "super" tiger (which apparently just have wider bands as the only difference?), tiger, or tangerine tiger.

One thing that concerns me is I'm seeing comments (on seller's pages primarily) about tiger shrimp being aggressive feeders to the point of being bullies at chow time.  I really don't want to buy into any (avoidable) challenges if I don't have to as I'm fairly new to this....but I do love the look of the tigers and they seem a good match in general to house with cherries.

If you have cherries and any type of tiger housed together I'd really like to hear about how well they coexist and any specific problems you've had.  Thanks much!  :)

Not only do I house them together, I am finding that they seem to do better with the mix. I currently have red tigers with blue dream rili, royal blue tigers with nessies, and a tangerine tiger with my blue dreams. I am starting to use tiger tanks form my neo "culls" and vice versa. They are doing quite well.

I have TTs with blue pearls and the blue pearls are actually the more aggressive feeders. And in my OEBT i just added yellow neos and it actually helped the OEBT come out of hiding. I also have some CRS in my cherry tank. They're coexisting just fine.

I keep RCS and TT together too. I wouldn't say TT are more agressive feeders (it was my concern too). Sometimes a bigger TT will take a piece and hide it with it but the other times other shrimp do the same. I just give them food that will not stay a whole hard piece but crumps in water.

I've got various Tigers in most of my neo tanks, and a few caridina too. OEBT/CRS, RBT/Orange Rili, Red Tiger/Blue Dream, and Aura Blue Tigers/PFR. The OEBT/RBT are more aggresive, but everyone still gets plenty.

The Tigers with the Non-Orange eyes behave much the same as the tankmates they share with. You shouldn't have any issues :-) 

The only real bullies I have in any tanks are the Amano's. They get huge, and DGAF.