LFS Win! Go figure

dr0p

Just wanted to share the little bit of good luck I had this past week. I guess it was the universe's way of evening things out, or taking the sting off, would be closer =P I was eagerly awaiting a new shipment of shrimp, but it didn't turn out so well...

As I was down about that, I figured I would go wandering to one of the semi-local LFS to see what they had. In the past they have had low grade cherries, and a few bamboo shrimp, so why not? As I'm wandering the tanks, I find one with 6 shrimp in individual jars that look like high grade PFR, but the lighting wasn't great. Asking about them, the poor staff didn't know anything about them other than the asking price of $9.99 each. OUCH! Double checking the tank, I use my phones light to check the coloring again and see it's off.... not like the PFR I have, but more clear, and deep. Bloody Marys?!?! Couldn't be...not here?? I figured why not take the chance? Of the 6, I noticed 3 were berried so those were the testers I took home after talking them down to less than 1/2 price.

With better lighting, and side by side comparison, they are indeed Bloody Marys! I went back the next day to pick up the other 3, to find only 1 left =( Asked about the 1, and found they had 5 more come in! Score! One member of staff knew about them, and honored the price from the day before. All in all, I picked up 9 Bloody Marys, of which 5!! are berried. Instant colony for a great deal, at a LFS no less. 

New beginnings from disaster. This life journey is strange indeed. 

TL;DR Version -  Found 9(5 berried) Bloody Marys at LFS for instant colony! 

I'll have to get some pics in the next few days! 

Fire Red, they are not. 

I honestly have no idea what they are at this point, now that I've taken pics. The differences between the two colonies are stunning! The first 2 pics are of an existing colony I have. The second 2 are the new set I picked up. Holy cow! Take a look!  :)

post-1971-0-07028600-1452966853_thumb.jp

post-1971-0-31111200-1452966883_thumb.jp

post-1971-0-17005000-1452966910_thumb.jp

post-1971-0-67075300-1452966930_thumb.jp

An LED flashlight is what orginally got my attention for them  :)

Another pic which shows detail (and clarity) a bit better. Either way, I'm super excited. Later today I pick up 20 more to round out the colony!

post-1971-0-99909900-1453285676_thumb.jp