Easy Shrimpin "The Triplets"

airriick

Hello all! I wanted to start a new journal since I am shutting down my 12 gallon long.. Long story short. HC carpeted very well, everything else grew really well including algae.  Which caused me to shut it down. On the bright side I bought 3 7 gallon cubes! I'm also shutting down my fluval spec v, it was in a room I rarely go in. 

2 ADA 1 Aqua top.

Substrate: Fluval stratum

Filter: Fluval C2

Shrimps: TB and Pintos

Lighting: Finnex 24/7

The tanks has only been cycling for 2 weeks. Took a risk to put in all my shrimps.

Tank 1 - Empty (When tank is ready, will be pinto only)

Tank 2 - RKK/Dark Reds/BKK/Shadow Pandas/Blue Bolts/R-B Zebra/R-B Belly/R-B Spotted heads

Tank 3 - TB Only

I'll be posting tons of pictures :) Sorry about the spam.

Enjoy!

Ok to start off this journal. I made my 2nd order from Shrimpscales!

I like how I gave a honest review about my other order from Joe. I think I'll continue doing this for future order also.

Shrimpscales..

Shipping box - Standard usps box but completely insulated. I AM very impressed how he the styrofoam cut so good. Wrapped a heat pack in a piece of paper ontop.

They came with some christmas moss and some other moss.

(Will add picture when I can find my phone..)

Shrimp quality - His blue bolts are superb. I mean, this is my second time ordering blue bolts with him just cause they were so nice. I also ordered a few zebra and belly pintos from him. The Zebra pintos are spot on. They have great split lines. I really like them. One of the black zebras from him have a skunk line!!!! So I'm assuming his black zebras may throw out this pattern. If guys are looking for black zebras, I'd definitely check him out. 

Sizing - Juvie to sub adult

Pricing - He was willing to price match.. Can't beat that.  

Communication - Responds within 24 hours. Very nice guy 

Overall experience. I would totally recommend him to everyone. Especially if you need blue bolts.  He will not let you down! I had an issue with my order, if you look in the pictures some of my black zebras were jelly type. The issue was handled the same day, he did not give me any troubles for it. His customer service is just wonderful.

Heres a picture of the black zebra with skunk pattern  :)

24257508020_4dfdb987ce_o.jpg

All the blue bolts in this tank are from him. Including the one photobombing. hehe

ps.. I have made a third order from him

Thank you :)

Anyone know what this is? It's in my main TB tank. Have not mixed it with any other strain in years.

24489700132_fa1948b311_o.jpg

Looks like the same predicament I am having with my Red Taiwan Bee tank, if your referring to the Golden Bees/Red Bolts.

Looks like the same predicament I am having with my Red Taiwan Bee tank, if your referring to the Golden Bees/Red Bolts.

Yes sir! I want to know if they're worth keeping in my main TB tank or would they bring out mischlings. Need to do a project with them but I have no more room :(

I'm tempted to mix it with a zebra pinto to see what happens

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Yes sir! I want to know if they're worth keeping in my main TB tank or would they bring out mischlings. Need to do a project with them but I have no more room :(

I'm tempted to mix it with a zebra pinto to see what happens

I am definitely going to let my roam free in my Red TB tank for at least one more generation to see what they produce. I would assume they will only throw TB and more Golden Bee/Red Bolts, if this is the case I am going to cull all Golden Bees and develop a stronger red on those that carry the pigmentation. 

Hi Airriick,

I see you only use hob filters.

Do you feel these do adequate filtering and aeration for the tank as I see you don't use any air driven sponge filters

I use HOB for my purigen with a small amount of bio-rings and use sponge for the main biological filtration with the benefit of adding oxygen. I think adding air is beneficial for the shrimp and keeping the water crystal clear. Half my tanks use hydro-sponge type filter and the other half has HMF. The ones that dont are slowly being converted over to HMF. I am still using a simple HOB like the aquaclear with the HMF.

Hi Airriick,

I see you only use hob filters.

Do you feel these do adequate filtering and aeration for the tank as I see you don't use any air driven sponge filters

Yep only hob. I don't like how the sponge filter looks in the tank, also the bubbles hits my light fixture.

I aerate my RO water for 12 hours before a water change. Then I put the air stone in my hob for 24 hours. I do this bi weekly.

Yep only hob. I don't like how the sponge filter looks in the tank, also the bubbles hits my light fixture.

I aerate my RO water for 12 hours before a water change. Then I put the air stone in my hob for 24 hours. I do this bi weekly.

That's very interesting Airrick.  Clearly you are having success with this O2 method.

That's very interesting Airrick. Clearly you are having success with this O2 method.

Well. From the longest time in my shrimp keeping I have never used anything to aerate. I didnt even aerate until I found this forum lol. Another thing is I am used to 1 shrimp dying in a month. Not sure if that is normal also.

Hi airriick!

Wonderful job on your tanks, they look stunning!

I was wondering how do you find the 7 gallon cubes? I was also considering a similar setup to yours and I was wondering- Are you happy with the size (being on the smaller size of whats recommended for shrimp keeping) and is it much harder to keep params stable in a tank that size?

Very nice shrimp stock you have as well. :thumbsu:

Hi airriick!

Wonderful job on your tanks, they look stunning!

I was wondering how do you find the 7 gallon cubes? I was also considering a similar setup to yours and I was wondering- Are you happy with the size (being on the smaller size of whats recommended for shrimp keeping) and is it much harder to keep params stable in a tank that size?

Very nice shrimp stock you have as well. :thumbsu:

Hey Dani!

Thank you for the compliments. My LFS had ADA in stock. It was pretty easy for me to get my hands on them. 

http://www.truaqua.com/aquarium-high-clarity-glass-cube-hcc-12.html Aquatop 

http://www.adana-usa.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=76_25_29&products_id=191  ADA 

7 Gallon.. I LOVE IT They're perfect sized cubes for me.  Looks very nice for display.

I used to have a ADA 60P that had water up to 5 inches lol.. Thing was pretty ugly

Water parameters.. I'm used to breeding colonies in 5 gallons. I actually started with a 3 gallon lol..

I think the only issue is the temperatures fluctuating a lot.  (I don't use a heater)

Also you have to make sure you do not over feed. I ONLY feed twice a week. 

I've noticed that seems to be an issue if you only top off.

• 3 weeks later...