No one cares IRL, but im excited about my mystery shrimplets

Jynn

I made some poorly planned shrimp purchases before I actually had a cycled tank for them.

So I got some OEBTs, and some mischlings with no dedicated tanks for them... I stuck them in a 5g tank I keep my weird shrimp in.

The weird shrimp are a bunch of offspring that mysteriously started popping up in one of my CRS tanks... I assume they exist genetically because these CRS had been mixed with golden bees at some point.. anyway theyve got red bodies and really light pink/white shells... sorta look like red bolts, but as far as I know don't have any TB genetics.       I refer to them as splotchy pink crap shrimp.

http://imgur.com/BBdHbkI  <-  these guys    

I also have a single crystal black shrimp that was given to me as the last survivor from a friend who tried shrimp and couldnt keep them alive, and a couple female CRS that... well I honestly don't know how they ended up in there, but they did.     The splotchy pink crap shrimp had previously bred with the CRS in there and their offspring were an interesting really deep red, like wine reds

Finally got the two new tanks for the EOBTs and the Mischlings cycled and enough biofilm built up that i felt OK with moving them over...  while drip acclimating them last night, I saw that one of my OEBTs is berried.

No way to know who the daddy is, so i'm super excited to see what kind of weird babies are gonna pop out of her.    

"their offspring were an interesting really deep red, like wine reds"

Oh!  pics! :D

http://imgur.com/Y7N1z6U 

I dunno,  I couldn't really capture it on camera when I tried, but in person they are definitely a few shades darker than my normal CRS.

I made some poorly planned shrimp purchases before I actually had a cycled tank for them.

So I got some OEBTs, and some mischlings with no dedicated tanks for them... I stuck them in a 5g tank I keep my weird shrimp in.

The weird shrimp are a bunch of offspring that mysteriously started popping up in one of my CRS tanks... I assume they exist genetically because these CRS had been mixed with golden bees at some point.. anyway theyve got red bodies and really light pink/white shells... sorta look like red bolts, but as far as I know don't have any TB genetics.       I refer to them as splotchy pink crap shrimp.

http://imgur.com/BBdHbkI  <-  these guys    

I also have a single crystal black shrimp that was given to me as the last survivor from a friend who tried shrimp and couldnt keep them alive, and a couple female CRS that... well I honestly don't know how they ended up in there, but they did.     The splotchy pink crap shrimp had previously bred with the CRS in there and their offspring were an interesting really deep red, like wine reds

Finally got the two new tanks for the EOBTs and the Mischlings cycled and enough biofilm built up that i felt OK with moving them over...  while drip acclimating them last night, I saw that one of my OEBTs is berried.

No way to know who the daddy is, so i'm super excited to see what kind of weird babies are gonna pop out of her.    

I think its cool.

I like the thought of mystery shrimp (colors).  Maybe some day I too can have a tank like yours- no joke!  :D

I can't bring myself to cull a healthy shrimp just for being ugly, so I throw anything I don't want breeding with my normal shrimp in the weird shrimp tank.

I actually like your "Splotchy Pink Crap Shrimp", their different and if they have interbred with OEBT it could make for a beautiful Tibee for sure.

I actually like your "Splotchy Pink Crap Shrimp", their different and if they have interbred with OEBT it could make for a beautiful Tibee for sure.

The mischlings in there are still all pretty tiny, so I suspect shes either berried by a crapshrimp or another OEBT,       I picked up the OEBTs because I wanted tibees, so I hope its the crapshrimp.   

I can't bring myself to cull a healthy shrimp just for being ugly, so I throw anything I don't want breeding with my normal shrimp in the weird shrimp tank.

lol I too have a cull tank .  I'm not a breeder but the ugly shrimps I put in a heavy planted 29 gallon tank with male guppies .

I "culled" a bunch of ugly nos into my 6 gal betta tank. I really thought the fish would provide just enough stress that they wouldn't breed. Silly me! The ugliest of all is full of eggs. Of course, I'm sentimental and love my ugly shrimp, and really am curious as to what is going to show up. I know, mostly wild types probably, but maybe not.