Windex and shrimp?

svetilda

Please, don't lough at me.

I want to wash windows in my house (beautiful weather outside!) but some of my shrimp aquariums stay very close to the windows. Some of the tanks have covers, some not. I'll cover those that don't have covers with a plastic bag for sure. But maybe I must cover all of the with plastic?

For the windows, id do the same thing everyone else suggest, just put windex directly on your paper towels then clean the window. 

If I have to do other stuff that might release airborn bits of stuff, I just throw towels over my tanks.

Thank you, everyone!

Just wash outside and one window inside, but there's no tanks in that room.

Geneious!!!

unscrew the top...no airborne mist. :P .

Oh, thank you! I didn't think about all that stuff!

Are you using airpumps? Intake is generally on the bottom side, so low risk , I suppose. Still.

Even the tanks with covers, do they fit real tight?

Plus any nets, buckets, and other stuff you put in the tanks, be sure it's covered.

Target makes an all natural cleaner, that maybe another route you can take in the event you spray your towel and something still floats in?

Thank you all!

All windows were washed over the weekend. I covered all the tanks and everything fish/shrimp related and didn't spray but pour windex on a wipe in a different room. Maybe just a little too overprotected but better to be safe...

I've found glass comes out perfect with plain old RO water and a micro fiber towel.  The trick is have quite a few towels.  Spray the towel down well with RO water, then wring it out as much as possible then spray the window and wipe. Keep wringing the towel out as you are using it.  When it gets dirty, switch to a new towel. Can spray down your aquariums and wipe them down the same way.  Best thing to do is buy big multi packs of towels at Sam's or Costco.  That way it cheep. You can add vinegar to the water if you want but that would only help if you want to disinfect or dissolve hard water spots.  Best part is works better than windex and you never have to breath or buy windex ever again.  Just say no to toxic cleaners,  your body will thank you.