Twinstar Shrimp

Hi everyone!

Does anyone use Twinstar Shrimp (http://twinstarnano.com/lang_en/product/product03_1.html) or Twinstar Shrimp 50 (http://twinstarnano.com/lang_en/product/product03_2.html)? Does anyone know what is the difference between these 2 devices except supported maximum capacity? Can anyone tell if this device is worth to buy?

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Filipp

@Poopians, thank you. I read that post and unfortunately didn't find answers on my questions. Will review that post again in case i missed something☺

Отправлено с моего SM-G920F через Tapatalk

What exactly is this thing doing, and how is whatever its doing supposed to help?

The site doesn't say (well maybe the videos do, but youtube is blocked at work), and I didn't really find an answer in the linked thread.

Unfortunately, I didn't find detailed review too. Just some 5min videos that really doesn't show anything useful. It is just interesting for me if someone uses any of these devices and if its really something that worth to buy.

Отправлено с моего SM-G920F через Tapatalk

What exactly is this thing doing, and how is whatever its doing supposed to help?

The site doesn't say (well maybe the videos do, but youtube is blocked at work), and I didn't really find an answer in the linked thread.

Poopians provided a link above your post that explains the idea of twinstar.

Basically it is supposed to stop green algae and promote healthier shrimp.  People overseas use it, but think of it as another expensive toy that you can play with if you have some extra money.  It is by no means a necessity if you don't. ;)

I just ordered one, so I will start trying it out and let everyone know.  I am going to use it from my Pure Line MK-Breed shrimp tank.  The shrimp are costly, and I agree this is a little expense however,I think it will help me with piece of mind when I have that much invested in the shrimp

Poopians provided a link above your post that explains the idea of twinstar.

Basically it is supposed to stop green algae and promote healthier shrimp.  People overseas use it, but think of it as another expensive toy that you can play with if you have some extra money.  It is by no means a necessity if you don't. ;)

I saw what is says it is supposed to help with, what i'm asking is what it is actually DOING.    What is actually happening in this thing mechanically, and why does whatever thing it's doing reduce algae and improve the health of shrimp?

I just ordered one, so I will start trying it out and let everyone know.  I am going to use it from my Pure Line MK-Breed shrimp tank.  The shrimp are costly, and I agree this is a little expense however,I think it will help me with piece of mind when I have that much invested in the shrimp

I hope you bought the $60 version off ebay. I could have sent you the one I bought months ago and saw no change for you to test with.

Since it looks cool and they have 3 different versions of the same thing (This is electrolysis right?) that treat 3 different things I'm guessing they are selling magic.

It looks cool and miraculously does stuff. Magic. Hoodoo. Possibly a Radium Ore Revigator for your shrimp! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radium_Ore_Revigator. Makes shrimp water better!

Does it do nothing useful?

Well since shrimp like more O2, they would get this as well as extra Hydrogen (not sure what the benefit is from extra hydrogen..). You can get the O2 without the hydrogen from planting plants and shrimp like plants. You also probably get O2 in the water from whatever your filter solution(s) is.

If they are upping O2 to the level it kills algae and bacteria I'd wonder how helpful/detrimental this is and what the long term negatives are. More O2 can be boosting until it hits a certain level (Oxygen bars anyone?). a UV sterilizer can nuke algae and bacteria for you, if that is what you are looking for. Peroxide and a catalyst is a way to clean contact lenses but I'm guessing that is a lot more O2 to nuke those bacteria.

Now for aquascaping.. that mist effect is real cool and you could do a cool Yellowstone themed tank.

Or a witch's cauldron for Halloween.

A volcanic crack with orange light.

Dye it brown and put it in a coffee mug and center that in the middle of your tank. Adding a fake breakfast setup next to it gets bonus points but most people would just get a kick out of the steaming mug of coffee at the bottom of your tank.

A reactor cooling tower to film a "When giant radioactive shrimp Attack!" movie.

Model car with steam coming out of the radiator.

So many things you could do with that look.

Maybe I can market one of these with a small glass dome + electric spark that captures and detonates the Hydrogen and Oxygen, turning it into "pure water" (0PPM folks, this is how water was made at the beginning of the universe!!). The explosion's static shock kills bacteria!

Yep, I'm loving the coffee cup idea. A surreal tank with fish swimming above someone's breakfast.

If you get one, try testing with a pail of daphnia and see what it takes to LD50 them.

Since it looks cool and they have 3 different versions of the same thing (This is electrolysis right?) that treat 3 different things I'm guessing they are selling magic.

It looks cool and miraculously does stuff. Magic. Hoodoo. Possibly a Radium Ore Revigator for your shrimp! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radium_Ore_Revigator. Makes shrimp water better!

Does it do nothing useful?

Well since shrimp like more O2, they would get this as well as extra Hydrogen (not sure what the benefit is from extra hydrogen..). You can get the O2 without the hydrogen from planting plants and shrimp like plants. You also probably get O2 in the water from whatever your filter solution(s) is.

If they are upping O2 to the level it kills algae and bacteria I'd wonder how helpful/detrimental this is and what the long term negatives are. More O2 can be boosting until it hits a certain level (Oxygen bars anyone?). a UV sterilizer can nuke algae and bacteria for you, if that is what you are looking for. Peroxide and a catalyst is a way to clean contact lenses but I'm guessing that is a lot more O2 to nuke those bacteria.

Now for aquascaping.. that mist effect is real cool and you could do a cool Yellowstone themed tank.

Or a witch's cauldron for Halloween.

A volcanic crack with orange light.

Dye it brown and put it in a coffee mug and center that in the middle of your tank. Adding a fake breakfast setup next to it gets bonus points but most people would just get a kick out of the steaming mug of coffee at the bottom of your tank.

A reactor cooling tower to film a "When giant radioactive shrimp Attack!" movie.

Model car with steam coming out of the radiator.

So many things you could do with that look.

Maybe I can market one of these with a small glass dome + electric spark that captures and detonates the Hydrogen and Oxygen, turning it into "pure water" (0PPM folks, this is how water was made at the beginning of the universe!!). The explosion's static shock kills bacteria!

Yep, I'm loving the coffee cup idea. A surreal tank with fish swimming above someone's breakfast.

If you get one, try testing with a pail of daphnia and see what it takes to LD50 them.

I tried it with my fish tank first and almost suffocated my fish, had to add an airstone and that solved the problem  within 10 minutes..

If it makes h202 will it have an effect on the beneficial bacteria over time?  I would really like to get one big enough for 220 gallons.  The one they claim is for shrimp not fish.  I guess they are different but I don't see how.