Blue/Black Diamonds

Currently I have a couple of black diamonds that are breeding, and as many of you know black diamonds are not quite a stable line yet and they are known to spit out lots of blue diamonds, etc. My question is, if I leave the blue diamonds in the tank with black diamonds will they eventually revert to a wild coloring, or would blue become the dominant color again?

They won't go wild, but you may revert back to chocolate diamonds.

hmm, I would put that on par with being wild colored again compared to the awesome blue and black of these diamonds. thanks soothing!

Interested to hear anyone else's opinions as well.

I keep blue diamonds. They put out all sorts of different colors. I would imagine the black diamonds would do the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I keep blue diamonds. They put out all sorts of different colors. I would imagine the black diamonds would do the same.

So you think it would be fine to keep the blues and blacks together? You think the originally chocolate color would eventually reappear?

My blue dreams pop out black shrimp every once in a while. Not sure if they're technically black diamonds (maybe black dreams? Lol), but I keep them in! They usually just give off blue dreams.

My blue dreams pop out black shrimp every once in a while. Not sure if they're technically black diamonds (maybe black dreams? Lol), but I keep them in! They usually just give off blue dreams.

Isn't a Black Rose from Blue Dream?

I'm finding some stunning solid blacks from my Blue Dreams. Culled one into my office tank that was completely clear as a juvie. Now she is berried and jet black. What do I call that (aside from used to be ugly cull)?

Do you know what berried her? Was it another blue dream?

Could be. Here's the deal. I don't like killing my culls. But I didn't want them breeding either. So I thought, ok, I want a tank for my office so I'll put culls in with a couple of mystery snails & my betta. The betta will keep the shrimp just stressed enough to not breed. Well, they are not only happily breeding, but I now have a beautiful clutch of Bloody Marys happily growing up in the tank. There are 3 bloody marys, 2 blue dreams, a yellow, and the 1 black blue dream.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm trying to breed vigor into blue shrimp by mixing dream blues, velvet blues, and black diamonds, I'm hoping to create a large homogenous population, then start selecting for dream blues, resulting in stronger dream blues than the existing inbred (though exquisite!) ones. 

Would you be willing to sell some shrimp? Their genetics sound interesting. Like the kind of thing I'm trying to do. Lemme know, thanks!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BBmEYrQRG6Y/

Here's a pregnant dream blue :) 

12687940_10102931760086144_4869494554696

I've seen the black diamonds have shrimplets, but none of them seemed to retain their color- they were wild-types with brown accents.