found some babies in my tank today

I had a snow white female berried about 2 months ago, she took ages to drop the babies...approx. 38 days and I couldn't see any signs of them in the tank, so assumed they had not survived.

I was looking at one of my Oak leaves yesterday in the tank and noticed something red on one of them, got the magnifier out and WOOHOO  it was a baby.  Tiny but it looks like it might be a spotted head....white body with red head, can't see the spots yet, but when I was trying to grab a photo, I see another on the side glass eating algae, and on the opposite side another one.  All are white bodied with red heads, so unless these are Mosura's they would have to be from my red spotted head shrimp.   It looks to be about 3 weeks old, which would be the right timing.  They have probably been hiding inside the moss all this time and now big enough to venture out....didn't seem fazed by an adult grazing by.  If I have 3 maybe I have more....fingers crossed.

This is the 1st bunch of babies for me in ages that have survived and Im just sooooo excited.

This pic is very blurry and I couldn't get closer, but you can see the baby on the leaf.

pintobaby_001.jpg

thanks. I just spotted several more hanging out in the very hairy moss ball (its covered in hair algae) guess that's the dinner plate.  2 of them are more adventurous and are crawling over the leaves and fern plants, and there's swimming going on in the tank (maybe some ladies are getting close) LOL

Congratulations Monty! Such an awesome feeling, especially when your breeding TaiTibees. I always am impatient as I can't wait to see what pattern and coloration come about.

Nope Canada....we got snow, snow, snow.  If spring is in the air, its not landing on us so far LOL.

Thanks I am soooo excited I can't stop looking in the tank for them.  Not the greatest of photographers either, so attempting to grab a

photo this am I almost put my back out :phew:

I've used the liquid Panacur (Fenbendazole in aqueous solution) 5 times with a second does 48 hours apart for each dose (at 1ml/10 gallons) with no losses. These were in tanks that included populations of Tigers, Cardinals (yes Sulawesis at one time), CRS/CBS, Blue Pearl, and Painted Fire Reds. It is effective against hydra and planaria and is also shrimp safe. Some snails are adversely affected by it. You will probably need to source it through a vet.

Respectfully,

Stuart

Tankful in Vancouver!

Congratulations on the new baby shrimp! One of my Blue Bolts just released her clutch after being berried at the beginning of Feb. Everynight I come home searching for babies but have not yet seen one. There are lots of hiding places in my tank so I believe I have the same situation as you where it will take a few weeks for them to get big enough to come out so I can see them. Not sure if dad is another blue bolt, a Panda or BKK. That is a big part of the fun for me is not knowing exactly what might show up.