Breeding Ramshorn

OMG Aquatics

I just began a breeding project today with ramshorns coincidentally.  I'm going to breed them as dark as I can. heh  Maybe we'll have some black ramshorns soon. :P

Anyway, years ago I found that a tenner worked great.  Today I have an extra 4g acrylic so I'm using that.

Spinach is miracle food for propagation and growth for these guys, and I'm using gh/kh SS with a gh of ~12

I love having these guys in the tank just hate how quickly they multiply. I have only one large one in my Discus tank and it is great because its just him. I hate looking at 100+ snails on the glass, drives me crazy

You shouldnt be feeding a lot at a time. I only fed what my snails would eat in an hour (just like my shrimp tanks). Always had tons to tiny snails to feed my dwarf puffers

you can use anything and if your just breeding snails leaving food isnt as bad as say if fish or shrimp were in the tank. also things like veggies work well or even the new snowflake food would work well because it stays in the tank and is abundent for them to eat and breed.

Ya know what's funny guys. Before I tore my tender down to get rid of the snails and change out the azoo to Amazonia I had about 150+ in there. I never over fed the tank. I fed the tank twice a week one little pad of whatever food I wanted at the time. Yet they seemed to be in an abundance in the tank. It was really white eerie.

I have them in the tank again but this time they seem like they have there numbers in control. I never see more than 4-5 at an time. I think my amano in the tank eats the egg sacks. Not positive though.

Ya know what's funny guys. Before I tore my tender down to get rid of the snails and change out the azoo to Amazonia I had about 150+ in there. I never over fed the tank. I fed the tank twice a week one little pad of whatever food I wanted at the time. Yet they seemed to be in an abundance in the tank. It was really white eerie.

I have them in the tank again but this time they seem like they have there numbers in control. I never see more than 4-5 at an time. I think my amano in the tank eats the egg sacks. Not positive though.

I got about 20 ramshorn. After one week, I see about 40 batches of eggs. Looks like Im have loads of snails for loaches soon.

Simple.  I hardly ever vacuum the tank.

I have to vacuum it every 2-3 days for my snail only tank. There is always food in there.(Ken's calcium sticks) Now I see about 50-60 egg sacks. Their constantly breeding as long as I have food in there 24/7 and vacuum their poop every 2-3 days. After 2-3 days, from just 20-30 snails, the amount of poop is probably as much as a pingpong ball.