Tabletop Impulse heat Sealer

does anyone seal shrimps in this for shipping? im thinking of getting one for that purpose.

any opinions or concerns will be great.

http://www.amazon.com/Hand-Operated-Impulse-Heat-Sealer/dp/B008DWLNAI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1457542296&sr=8-1&keywords=Tabletop+Impulse+Sealer+-+8%22

found one for $15 total with shipping

We use an impulse sealer to seal foodstuffs for long term storage. The reason we do this is it seals out ALL the oxygen to give a longer shelf life. (5-20 yrs)

Not sure how it would work with a Kordon bags (material?) and would be okay with poly bags. Is your concern with leaking?    ,,,,Mike

I bought a similar impulse heater to seal the sides of LongLife breather bags. This is to strengthen them before shipment. I double knot the top, and/or use a rubber band in conjunction.

have you had any bad experiences by strengthen the sides? I believe this is a great way to reinforce the bags from busting

Just got some critters from Wyggles/ Gills in Kordon bags.  The thinness of the material would seem to just melt in a sealer unless it was temperature adjustable for different bags.   There was a commercial sealer in the butcher shop that I helped a friend do processing at when they were busy, and we had to adjust the temp and length of time frequently while working.   ,,,,Mike

have you had any bad experiences by strengthen the sides? I believe this is a great way to reinforce the bags from busting

No bad experiences after strengthening the sides, and, yes, it does reinforce the bags from bursting when dropped. It was a recommendation that came with the purchase of the bags from MVP.

I use one of these to seal bags for shipping plants, and once on a poly bag for some endlers fry. Haven't tried it with shrimp or the breather bags though (because I've never shipped shrimp)