Have ALL Neocaridina and Caridina variations already been reached?

Ok, well I guess it's safe to say Caridinas are far from achieving all possibly produced variations.

Of course there are tons of cool looking patterns that have yet to be made a stable pattern passed on to offspring/generations.

But any certain expected upcoming new strains/patterns to hit the hobby?

What about Neocaridinas though? As far as I know, they are much more limited in what different variations (colors, rili patterns, etc.) can be produced, which I think most, if not all types have already been created, and no other distinctive colored/patterned stain can be made? I have a feeling I am very wrong about that haha, but just wanted to ask. Of course strains may be made of more stable color shades or other colors that also sport the racing back-stripe more often, such as Neon Yellows.

If there are still possible new variations to be made, what do you suspect is still possible to produce?

I still think there are tons of possible new variations. Its just very difficult and very long to start a new strain. And since shrimps are becoming more popular and more profitable it seems like people are just breeding out whatever ia available to resell.

There are quite a lot of mutations and unexpected throws that neos have on a routine basis.  Most of these get culled from a strain and not bred out.  Some are "sports" and not given to offspring.

The mutations/new throws are what I found fascinating to work with for years.

I still think we are going to see more things pop up from neos.  Purple has been in the works for years overseas.  I developed a green strain that can go in several directions.  And more will be seen.  (Not just from me. LOL)

I think the biggest challenge facing neos today is not new colors or patterns, but breeders working to breed strains true.  Sometimes this takes years, and people don't put in the effort.

I think the biggest challenge facing neos today is not new colors or patterns, but breeders working to breed strains true.  Sometimes this takes years, and people don't put in the effort.

You see that in the pet hobby in general. People develop something new and cool and see a bunch of dollar signs but never took the time to see if what they develop breeds true or doesn't cause any genetic problems. In a few years down the road paying customers find out the hard way.

I will comment on Caridinas. The market currently is Taitibees, and "Pinto Patterns". This is the current trend, and once people produce the thousands of possibilities and stabilize the most popular I am sure we will start seeing some new. Another avenue of Caridinas are all of the wild Tiger species popping up. These wild species pop up and are instantly attempted to be bred, and/or crossed to produce to variations. So exciting but we all need to be aware these "crosses". We could reach a point where there aren't any original Taiwan Bees left, because of the mass cross breeding projects.