Shrimp changing colors?

Hey does anyone have white sand or just any white substrate with cherrys on them? I think my cherrys blended in with the white sand and now look a lower grade then I bought them for. Has this happened to anyone else? Thanks,

I have 1 tank with pool filter sand. I only keep my culls in there but haven't experienced any color change with them. Granted they are culls so relatively low color anyways.

reason is they try to blend in with the substrate which is why I use black sand for all my shrimps. the color intensifies for sure on dark substrate.  

my super red cherry shrimp turns transparent at times when I place it in the breeder box and when placed back on dark substrate it colors back up.

IMO, all the bacterial is obviously in the substrate and covering it all at once may become a mini cycle. I would personally do section by section, perhaps 1/4th of the tank every other day just to be safe until its all fully covered.

I have read that others have done it all at once with no issue, but me I would do it slowly to not shock invertebrates.

unless someone else chimes in and states other wise.