Member Map Tab

Soothing Shrimp

9 minutes ago, Soothing Shrimp said:

Hey folks, there's a new member map tab on the site toolbar above!  :D

Click on it and you can see roughly where other members are in relation to you, and you can add where you are too! :)

I added myself today, that's really neat!

Once we do that is there a way to remove our location? Or have it more generalized than our front door?

If I mention going on vacation on the internet and the internet can see exactly where I live, that is a liability.

It is cool though to see where other people are.

3 minutes ago, Crackhead Johny said:

Once we do that is there a way to remove our location? Or have it more generalized than our front door?

If I mention going on vacation on the internet and the internet can see exactly where I live, that is a liability.

It is cool though to see where other people are.

you can always just put your zipcode, which is what I did. just to give the us here at TSS a general area of what part of the US you are from.

Hmm, I hit save and that did nothing. So I hit "use current location" that was a little to close to home (google and wifi mapping).

Maybe if my location was deleted I could just try zip code. I'm using Firefox as a browser.

EDIT: Fixed from Chrome.

I don't know if there is a cap.

You can also drag your pin around to have it in the right neighborhood or zipcode or city or whatever you are comfortable with (I have the general location but like you I don't want my home address posted online)