Cancun anybody?

Dluxeshrimps

I am planning to go to Cancun and looking at all these beautiful coral reefs and marine life is exciting.

Has anyone gone before to Cancun and able to give a 1st time cancun goer some tips or suggestions.

look at the depth of this photo, kind of gives me the chills!!

https://www.google.com/maps/@21.202643,-86.719894,3a,75y,52.98h,101.51t/data=!3m8!1e1!3m6!1s-Sz1HPWeb3c8%2FUwvwDhwUHdI%2FAAAAAAAArEM%2FWWL8Qr6tvYI!2e4!3e11!6s%2F%2Flh5.googleusercontent.com%2F-Sz1HPWeb3c8%2FUwvwDhwUHdI%2FAAAAAAAArEM%2FWWL8Qr6tvYI%2Fw203-h101-n-k-no%2F!7i9500!8i4750

Don't drink the water. Montezuma's revenge is legit.

One of the biggest misconceptions with Cancun is... well Cancun is not the one you see in all the pictures. Most of the nice images are of Playa del Carmen which is like 45 mins away from Cancun. Playa del Carmen is where all the good stuff is at. All inclusive is the way to go, so I hear. If you like history, there are some Mayan ruins close enough that you can take a day excursion down to see them.

I am planning on going next year, but I know some people that have gone multiple times and have loved it. The all inclusive packages are pretty darn cheap. I would say to learn some of the language, but that is probably a given. English is spoken in resort towns like Cancun, Puerto Vallarta, etc.

All inclusive is what im aiming at.

I have read and tried to do research on where to stay. I am undecided, playa del Carmen, Tulum, isla de mujeres or conzumel.

its so difficult to know what is the best place that has a little bit of everything. im 26 and going with my fiancé, looking a location with shallow waters, clubs, great food selection and a decent shopping area. I heard isla de mujeres is more of a 1 day trip but not really a fun place to stay a whole 2 weeks.

I am planning to go to Cancun and looking at all these beautiful coral reefs and marine life is exciting.

Has anyone gone before to Cancun and able to give a 1st time cancun goer some tips or suggestions.

look at the depth of this photo, kind of gives me the chills!!

https://www.google.com/maps/@21.202643,-86.719894,3a,75y,52.98h,101.51t/data=!3m8!1e1!3m6!1s-Sz1HPWeb3c8%2FUwvwDhwUHdI%2FAAAAAAAArEM%2FWWL8Qr6tvYI!2e4!3e11!6s%2F%2Flh5.googleusercontent.com%2F-Sz1HPWeb3c8%2FUwvwDhwUHdI%2FAAAAAAAArEM%2FWWL8Qr6tvYI%2Fw203-h101-n-k-no%2F!7i9500!8i4750

If your goal is to snorkel or dive I'll recommend Cozumel. The water visibility is incredible there and the mArine life is also amazing. Much more then cancun

2 hours ago, Dluxeshrimps said:

All inclusive is what im aiming at.

I have read and tried to do research on where to stay. I am undecided, playa del Carmen, Tulum, isla de mujeres or conzumel.

its so difficult to know what is the best place that has a little bit of everything. im 26 and going with my fiancé, looking a location with shallow waters, clubs, great food selection and a decent shopping area. I heard isla de mujeres is more of a 1 day trip but not really a fun place to stay a whole 2 weeks.

Done all of these, playa del Carmen, Tulum, isla de mujeres or cozumel. Out of all of them I dont care for isla de mujeres. Cozumel is the safest of all the locations. They have a small Navy/Marine base on the south end of San Miguel by one of the cruise ship piers and you can see the Navy ship patrolling around the island. At night the Marines patrol the entire Island and they are all over the town to prevent crimes against tourist and act as a deterrent for drug smugglers trying to get drugs to Cuba. Cozumel is just a few minutes boat ride to the best reefs in Mexico

Playa is nice and has very nice resorts. My families favorite is Iberostar resorts plus you can go to different Iberostarr locations for day trips and eat/drink for free depending on what level resort you choose to stay at. If you have a Costco membership you can save a lot of money by using costco travel. We went to Fiji last year and Costco was $1900 cheaper than any other tour operator/travel agency.

2 hours ago, Dluxeshrimps said:

Playa del Carmen. hmmm im so lost. lol I just don't want to miss out on anything and regret it. Viper, you mention COSTCO yeah I am a member and the deals are the way to go?

Look into tour operators like apple vacations and also call costco travel. Been using them for 4 years now and they have been the cheapest.