bacter ae

After one and a half week using  bacter AE, in lower dosage....

I saw that shrimp stop eating  the food , mostly the shrimps in tanks with low population.

I dosage , the half of recommend spoon maybe lower , for 9 tanks.

i can see that a nice biofilm grown  on the glass , and shrimps also be there and feeding, small and bigs.

So that stuff is working...

After one and a half week using  bacter AE, in lower dosage....

I saw that shrimp stop eating  the food , mostly the shrimps in tanks with low population.

I dosage , the half of recommend spoon maybe lower , for 9 tanks.

i can see that a nice biofilm grown  on the glass , and shrimps also be there and feeding, small and bigs.

So that stuff is working...

My shrimps are more active every time I added the bacter AE

I feel Bacter AE is particularly good for young and my survival rate with say Tbs has increased with using it. My one dilemma  is how best to feed it, a pinch of powder on the surface seems a waste as quite a bit surely ends up in the filter.  I therefore tend to  sink it close to the front glass, but then difficult to keep the rest of the tub 100% dry and it can turn quickly.  I alternate daily with Betaglucan.

7 minutes ago, Purplepanda said:

I feel Bacter AE is particularly good for young and my survival rate with say Tbs has increased with using it. My one dilemma  is how best to feed it, a pinch of powder on the surface seems a waste as quite a bit surely ends up in the filter.  I therefore tend to  sink it close to the front glass, but then difficult to keep the rest of the tub 100% dry and it can turn quickly.  I alternate daily with Betaglucan.

You can get a Styrofoam cup and cut the top circle part off and put it in your tank. Dose all powder stuff there and swirl your finger around a few times and it should all be in water column. Turn filter off for like 10-20 minutes.

Ok thanks for this tip, it's the tuning off that is irritating and risky as it's usually feeding time just prior to dashing off to work or to bed for that matter and I just know I will forget to turn the filter back on and and with multiple shrimp tanks..

I'm pretty new to shrimping, but are shrimplet deaths supposed to be normal? What % would you say lives without supplementing bacter ae and/or similar products? What % lives with using these products?

Do you reason that it's lack of food, lack of gut bacteria, or what?

Yes it help grow microorgansims  ...

I use a botle and mix srhimp daddy  The Sinewy Cereal S™, bacter ae and glass carten baby food and then after good shake i drop into tanks.

Shrimps stop eating the food. :)

And last time i bought a lot of food... :(

For feeding fine baby food and a little bacter I use a 60 ml syringe with a 12 inch extension of 5 mm clear rigid pipe joined by small piece of airline , mix it up in a little tank water and squirt it at 6 or 7 areas, IE feeding dish, cinnamon stick etc ,