SUDDEN DEATH?

brocknorman

20 minutes ago, brocknorman said:

I asked the person at the LFS and he's said he had used it on his shrimp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

some places will say anything to make a quick buck.  sorry to hear about the deaths

So what should I use for black bearn algae Siamese algae eaters?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those are not shrimp safe. If I remember your tank was by a lot of light? Can you tell us more about your tank and we can try and help you out?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Oh, that's daring spot treating with those expensive shrimp in there. I still have heard people having shrimp deaths from H2O2 or even Excel.

For me, black out worked (keep tank in darkness for days). Though I've done longer than most typically do black outs for. The plants I had in the tank, I didn't care much for, but most of them still survived. I would think your moss would be alright.

Use small amounts and spot treat, I've used up to 10 ml in a 20g without any adverse reactions to my shrimp. Some shrimps even grazed the area after application, they didn't seem to be harmed. I was concerned with stabilizers in pharmacy ho2o so i went for the food grade stuff. 

This is just my experience, as with anything else use with caution and moderation. 

• 2 weeks later...

H202 will even kill hardy amanos let alone the more sensitive bees. You need to be conservative with your dosing and do things slowly. If there were my bees I would much rather opt for a mechanical eradication, removing the wood or problem areas and treating outside of the tank, depends what your priorities are..