Do you have a mental routine or use a planner for your shrimp things?

PlantDude

Hi Shrimpspot!

I recently started using Trello and organized it in a weekly manner that includes food, water testing, and water changes. So far I really like it because it's visual and I can automate it.  It got me thinking what does everyone else use to stay on top of the feeding and maintenance needed?

In the past I used:

• Paper
  • G Calendar
  • Google Keep
  • My head
  • Todist

I've only used my brain my entire time keeping fish, shrimp and plants.

Well a few times I would write down water parameters for comparison reasons and sometimes keep track of fertilizer doses to track plant growth. But just use my head 99% of the time.

I did that too. For quick notes I'll just write on the tank glass and then transfer the data later.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I use a Google Spreadsheet as a journal to track when I measure water params, dosing/feeding, and includes my own nutrient calculator for droplets since I only have a small tank. I used to be super religious and do it daily but as the tank stabilized and trends emerged, now I only do a full entry once a week or every few days.

It's catered to my needs, but happy to share it for anyone who's interested!

I use a Google Spreadsheet as a journal to track when I measure water params, dosing/feeding, and includes my own nutrient calculator for droplets since I only have a small tank. I used to be super religious and do it daily but as the tank stabilized and trends emerged, now I only do a full entry once a week or every few days.

It's catered to my needs, but happy to share it for anyone who's interested!

Would love to see that!

If anyone is interested in seeing the Trello board I would be happy to share as well.

I had toyed with the idea of a web-app that does the same thing but slicker looking, but there are already good options out there and it'll take a lot of work, lol.

Here is the public version, I cleaned it up slightly: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bE9my7BHUvJ3KSVmCXgr1Wz1ACKil7hy5c-1VN31_7c/pubhtml.

It's nothing fancy and can probably be improved upon alot. The cells have simple formatting for the data type (such as temperature), and the cell with today's date will auto highlight so it's a little easier to spot where you are. It would be fun, though not very useful, to chart some of the values (I like that kinda stuff, haha). If for some reason the above link can't be copied into your own Google Drive, let me know and I'll try to figure out how that should work.

I don't keep records. I keep notes of some things like crosses I did, but most of all I just use my cell and mark it in the calender, when a certain shrimp was berried or when I set up a new tank and dosing bacteria etc (need the calender reminders to pop up, helps me so I don't forget!) 

But kudos to you note makers... if it helps you stay organized then that is great!!

I do most all my deep cleaning and maintenance on Mondays here with my "mini zoo" of various critters in tanks/enclosures. I don't have anything too crazy to record as far as any breeding but....I'd LOVE to have one of the continuous testing monitor things with probes that monitors and records different parameters and temp etc with time graphs on the app. I'm a sucker for nifty technology & those things are sweet looking! 

I had toyed with the idea of a web-app that does the same thing but slicker looking, but there are already good options out there and it'll take a lot of work, lol.

Here is the public version, I cleaned it up slightly: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bE9my7BHUvJ3KSVmCXgr1Wz1ACKil7hy5c-1VN31_7c/pubhtml.

It's nothing fancy and can probably be improved upon alot. The cells have simple formatting for the data type (such as temperature), and the cell with today's date will auto highlight so it's a little easier to spot where you are. It would be fun, though not very useful, to chart some of the values (I like that kinda stuff, haha). If for some reason the above link can't be copied into your own Google Drive, let me know and I'll try to figure out how that should work.

Can you make the link public?

I have ratio of products I use for remineralization, that's about the only thing I have set in stone. 

I try to do water change every week, did not last week because I was lazy and one of the ingredients for my remin ratio is on back order.

Feeding, I vary the food, but there is no set rotation order.

I drop leaves in when the ones in the tank are all "skeletons".

I have not tested individual params since cycling was done, I check TDS every once in a while.

Water top-off and temperature are all automated.

weekends are for water changes, thats about it. beyond that throw some food in every so often.

its cool to have all those graphs/notes/apps/etc.. but between answering emails/msgs and boxing orders each night after day job, doesnt leave much time for myself so spending even 10mins a day doing charts/graphs/etc adds up. I'm with avonsurfernc on this one.