10" Cube shrimp tank

NeMox69x

I have never had success with ludwigia sp red. I'm not sure why I just can't grow it! It is a piece of wood. I envisioned using a rock to create a cliff on 2/3 of front and have a 4 inch drop off and a dwarf baby tears carpet wrap around the front and behind the rock with stems in the back. But I couldn't find the right rocks and the wood kinda fit my idea. I think between dosing and water changes it grew well

I have never had success with ludwigia sp red. I'm not sure why I just can't grow it! It is a piece of wood. I envisioned using a rock to create a cliff on 2/3 of front and have a 4 inch drop off and a dwarf baby tears carpet wrap around the front and behind the rock with stems in the back. But I couldn't find the right rocks and the wood kinda fit my idea. I think between dosing and water changes it grew well

I've always had trouble with ludwigias. You're not alone!

Nice gift! I just love the little nano square tanks set up with a big slope and split substrate type so there's a little path.

I have to squelch my plant collectoritis (aquatic, emersed, terrestrial, succulents, bromeliad/tillandsia...everything!) all the time because of space lol. Im very much considering going vertical and adding sturdy shelving next to my bed in our bedroom-living room where my 4 tanks are now though since that's my only option. 

Ludwigia is one plant I've been able to really have a lot of weed like growth with- I have 4 types now including the "red". I wonder if it's the lower ph or temp as I'm assuming you're referring to CRS/lower ph tanks? It might like my higher ph/higher temps but I'm not sure!

Looking forward to seeing what you do as your previous tank is awesome!

On 5/10/2016 at 1:14 PM, NeMox69x said:

I'm definitely gonna do buces. By far my favorite plant right now. I have a nano Species that would work perfect.

I know of a couple of nano species of buce that will make your tank pop such as; Black Mist and Arrogant Blue.

10 hours ago, heatherbee said:

Nice gift! I just love the little nano square tanks set up with a big slope and split substrate type so there's a little path.

I have to squelch my plant collectoritis (aquatic, emersed, terrestrial, succulents, bromeliad/tillandsia...everything!) all the time because of space lol. Im very much considering going vertical and adding sturdy shelving next to my bed in our bedroom-living room where my 4 tanks are now though since that's my only option. 

Ludwigia is one plant I've been able to really have a lot of weed like growth with- I have 4 types now including the "red". I wonder if it's the lower ph or temp as I'm assuming you're referring to CRS/lower ph tanks? It might like my higher ph/higher temps but I'm not sure!

Looking forward to seeing what you do as your previous tank is awesome!

Thank you haha. It honestly might be the ph. The tank is a cherry shrimp tank (still setup just less pretty). I think eventually when I graduate college I'm gonna get more into the terrestrial plants because I plan to get a Hermans tortoise.

55 minutes ago, jem_xxiii said:

I know of a couple of nano species of buce that will make your tank pop such as; Black Mist and Arrogant Blue.

Right now I have sp mini Godzilla and sp copper leaf. I'm looking into a blue species clump. I just have to find a good deal on one. I usually buy from mike at MAP on Facebook