Forgot to Introduce myself!

ohmiko

Hey everybody, I'm Michael The Khoi Tran. Miko is a nickname. :) Totaaallly forgot to introduce myself, I honestly just sort of jumped right in LOL. I'm a fine arts major and private art tutor and currently working on commissions. Located in Westminster, Ca. The first time I've ever had shrimp was sometime in 2008. My dad and I bought a bunch of cherry shrimp and blueberry shrimp(they were very spotty with pigmentation) Now, I picked up the hobby. I have 3 tanks in my  room. 5G with  mix neos majority goldenback yellow, 9G re-cycling for caridina, and 20G known as the blue tank with OEBT, Blue Dreams, Blue Rili, Carbon rili, and Chocolate A++. My goal and dream is to own Super red crystals, Ghost bees, and create my own tibees. 

If you'd like to see my online art portfolio:

https://goo.gl/photos/XbE2qgQxbEpgbc8b6

Thanks! Met great people on here already :) It's such a relief to talk about shrimp stuff with a great group

1 hour ago, Aquarium Creation said:

Welcome! Great looking art emoji3.png

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Thanks! :)

7 hours ago, Soothing Shrimp said:

Wel then, welcome!  Heh.  Have you tried drawing shrimp yet?

i plan to! I am deciding on acrylic, watercolor, or prismacolor color pencils

...And I feel like I've known you for years. Welcome, officially. Haha

i plan to! I am deciding on acrylic, watercolor, or prismacolor color pencils

Dude, prismacolor markers would look nice too. I love how dynamic they can look on vellum... Despite their being like $70 a pack.

50 minutes ago, Mr. F said:

...And I feel like I've known you for years. Welcome, officially. Haha

Dude, prismacolor markers would look nice too. I love how dynamic they can look on vellum... Despite their being like $70 a pack.

Thanks and that's because I comment on basically everything LMAO :lol: Never tried those but the color pencils + colorless blender gives a beautifully smooth glossy look. Example that I did.7.JPG

the grasshopper is purely colored pencil while everything else is conte crayon. For shrimp, I honestly think copic would look amaaaazing but thats like $7-10 per color and I have no experience. Acrylic is nice but takes too long. I just got commissioned to do a shrimp in black ink pen which is totally cool. Maybe i'll make mini art pieces with shrimp :)

Thanks and that's because I comment on basically everything LMAO :lol: Never tried those but the color pencils + colorless blender gives a beautifully smooth glossy look. Example that I did.7.JPG

the grasshopper is purely colored pencil while everything else is conte crayon. For shrimp, I honestly think copic would look amaaaazing but thats like $7-10 per color and I have no experience. Acrylic is nice but takes too long. I just got commissioned to do a shrimp in black ink pen which is totally cool. Maybe i'll make mini art pieces with shrimp [emoji4]

Damn, you're talented! Colored pencil, definitely colored pencil.

LOL  maybe when all my art hwk is over Ill make a post to submit a pic and I'll draw the best one :)

LOL  maybe when all my art hwk is over Ill make a post to submit a pic and I'll draw the best one [emoji4]

You have to do the same style as the grasshopper, at least for one. I love the nature theme stuff coming up off the back. Sooooo coooooool.

6 minutes ago, Mr. F said:

You have to do the same style as the grasshopper, at least for one. I love the nature theme stuff coming up off the back. Sooooo coooooool.

I totally could.  But of course it's gotta be water plants! Right now all I can think of is anacharis and water lilies

25 minutes ago, oem said:

Welcome Miko,

I thought I had the right words typed out but didn't really express my inner thought's.  Much, much more then Amazing.

Mike

thanks so much :DDD

Limnophila aromatic or hippuroides have a beautiful shape and color. Maybe Proserpinaca palustris would be a cool one too. Mosses and ferns are very common in shrimp tanks too, and have that beautiful fractal growth.

5 minutes ago, Mr. F said:

Limnophila aromatic or hippuroides have a beautiful shape and color. Maybe Proserpinaca palustris would be a cool one too. Mosses and ferns are very common in shrimp tanks too, and have that beautiful fractal growth.

Limnophila aromatic is rly nice too yes! I'm just trying to figure out how to incorporate it growing out and actually look like a water plant. I think anubias wont work because they're too terrestrial looking

Limnophila aromatic is rly nice too yes! I'm just trying to figure out how to incorporate it growing out and actually look like a water plant. I think anubias wont work because they're too terrestrial looking

I vote moss and Fern shrimp. Like thick mini Xmas or peacock moss look and some Ranunculus inclinata (very aquatic looking), maybe some of the wort families? Hornwort, liverwort, pennywort, etc.

Ok I think I got the conceptual idea now I just gotta buy the color pencil set prob during Black Friday :-)

1 hour ago, DETAquarium said:

Welcome Miko, officially! Art work looks incredible!

Thank you so much!!! :D