Hi everyone! ...shrimp newbie here :)

sdaniels1077

I'm very excited to be here!  I have kept freshwater aquariums for many years and currently have a 55 gallon community fish tank, which I play with daily.  My new obsession is learning all I can to start a shrimp colony.

I've recently started cycling my first shrimp tank, which is a 6 gallon Eheim Aquastyle.  I will start with neos and then if successful, who knows...  another tank??

I look forward to meeting you all, learning and sharing information.

Suzette

post-277-0-87576500-1406416370_thumb.jpg

Welcome! You'll get addicted to shrimp pretty quickly haha.

The tank looks good but my only recommendation would be to fit a pantyhose around the filter intake then cut the rest of the pantyhose so that baby shrimp don't get sucked into the filter.

Welcome Aboard! Great looking tank, have been wanting to try one for awhile now. Definitely let us know what you think...

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome! Filter-guarding and such DIY craftiness is about the only good use I can think of for pantyhose... hate those things. ;) Used to occasionally wear them as an extra layer of warmth under fitted jeans, but have since moved to a climate where that is far less necessary most of the time.

Nice!  and Welcome!