Logo

If anyone has any suggestions on a logo for the new site let me know.  I have a guy who is helping me develop something for my other website The Shrimp Tank and I will probably try and get him to come up with something since he works for shrimp ;).  If anyone else is good at that stuff and wants to work for shrimp or shrimp products let me know!

that works for me!  I can give away some shrimp products or shrimp to the winner to encourage the competition too ;)

BTW I love that avatar of yours

• 1 month later...

We don't currently have one.  What have you got?  What do you want as a reward for developing one? :)

I can take a rain check on the reward. Something shrimpy or credit towards future shrimp if our shrimping venture is a success.

Give me over the weekend to submit some ideas. Art is my job, and like a lot of jobs, swamped during the holidays. I just did a guppy logo for my new aquatic section of my website, maybe I can do similar with "The Shrimp Spot" worked into the markings on a shrimp? You are welcomed to breeze through my galleries and if something hits you or catches your fancy, I can work with it and do that style. It is "ferret" heavy, as 80% of my clients are ferret peeps, but as with the ferrets, I can paint a shrimp in any situation. When finalized, you will have permission of use and copyright. Slap in on tee shirts, coffee mugs, mousepads, whatever you want :)

aquatics_by_stef.jpg

do you have a link to your gallery?

Thank you so much, Merth.

Once bitten, twice shy.

"Another" (clears throat) forum yanked my site, even though I thought it was in the appropriate category, and no response yet to any questions posed.

Although I do sell stuff through it (furred, not finned), not very much aqua. Mostly blogs, journals, galleries, and free silly videos we made. Like any one else, as far as aquatic goes,

I'd like to make some dough to sink back into this hobby, but by no means is it a "Tetra" corporation, or am I relying on it. If I did, me and the fish would starve.

-Stef*

"If I did, me and the fish would starve."

+1 zillion!  So many people write me and ask how to do shrimp breeding because they want to do it as a full time job.  Truth is- unless you have a lot of space, money and time- there's no way to make a living at this!  Even if you buy the most sought after shrimp today, tomorrow nobody wants to buy it.  It's a pie in the sky dream I think almost every shrimper has at one time or another.  That's why I say get shrimp YOU like and just have fun.  Money ain't gonna happen here. LOL  Heck, it's all I can do to try to sell enough to maintain my tanks!

Hey Oblongshrimp,

I came up with something:

z365.jpg

I can easily paint a mixed drink or something perched on the top driftwood branch, but didn't know if that would be too much.

Critique and feedback when you get a chance.

[Darkcobra:  This is as she painted it.  Once a design is more or less finalized, I can do digital alterations, including background removal and replacement.]

-Stef*

Stef reminded me that not everyone might understand what I meant by that comment I inserted, so here's a very hastily done example:

4nf6.jpg

I'm no artist, but I can also do some minor touch-ups and airbrushing-type stuff, and would of course spend more than two minutes on any final design. ;)

-Chris

Cool!  The ivy seems kind of out of place though.  What does everyone else think?

Sure can. I can remove the ivy (lol-it's stylized J Hydrocotyle or Pennywort, I can't tell the difference and don't know which one I got).

I could extend the driftwood under the shrimp and add some draping moss.

Or we can go with something completely different, if you want.

My brain is kinda fried at the moment for coming up with new ideas due to the holidays.

If you have any suggestions to kick start it (my brain), they would be taken under consideration.

I haven't really gotten into the eggnog yet, so there's still hope :)

I would also aim for something that is short in height and longer in width so it will fit better above.  If you want to try sending me over the one you have now as a first draft I can load it and we can see how it will look.  I don't even know how much space you have for a logo or what changes would need to be done to the skin to get something else to fit.

Lets try 358px wide and 64 tall.  That is what the "IPS Community" image is at the top of the forum and the one that the new logo would replace.

I did a test fit into 358x64, cutting off some wood/foliage to maximize the shrimp size:

yixo.jpg

I'd say this results in the site name being unacceptably small.  I can still polish the original image up for use as an alternate logo if desired, for fundraiser t-shirts or whatnot; but as-is, it's not suited for a banner.

Some options were quickly tossed around:

1) Either keep the text on the shrimp, or replace it with a typical CRS pattern.  Add the site name in larger letters to the side.  Remove the hydrocotyle and extend the driftwood.  Add a background.

2) Or come up with a new design, keeping in mind the target dimensions from the start.  Stef is more used to doing logos on business cards, trading cards, and similar that are not so narrow.  She says she has another idea which will fit better.  I can draw a box proportional to the requested dimensions on her canvas, so she knows exactly what she has to work with.

It will be a few days before the next update, Christmas is starting to slam us.  In the meantime we can collect any other ideas or suggestions.

I'm right with ya, Merth, 

but even if we use this shrimp, no matter how you crop or adjust it, the script in its markings gets lost.

My bad. I was stuck in business card, Christmas card, and tat land, not banner.

I'm going to scrap this original; I have an idea for something else that may work a lot better :)