Shrimpment from Nick today, shadow mosuras

forumsnow

Had a 23 hour Sunday at work last week and made what i used to make in a month in a day. Needless to say i had to treat myself. Coincidence Nick happened to just post his new list. So i jumped on 2 shadow mosura, 2 high grade blue bolts and a shadow panda.

This is the great news, what happened with the post office was a nightmare! My wife was home all day waiting for the package, tracking said by noon money back guaranteed. I arrived home from work at  3:45 and still no shrimp. Check the tracking and it said they went out at 9am and nothing else. I spent the next half hour calling the post office to no answer and a full voicemail box. At this point i am HEATED! So i head down to the post office to get to the bottom of it. I ask the woman if she knew where my package is, she checks the tracking and in the back but no package. She tells me the mailman has worked there for 40 years and he must have tried to deliver it and my wife had to have missed him. I tell her this is impossible as i trust my wife completely. She then tells me my mailman will not be back till 5:30-6 and they close at 5. I tell her i need my package today that's why i paid for express and i would like to talk to the manager. Manager after much pleading with me agrees to call me when my mailman arrives and i can come get the package, this was around 4:45.

I head home and immediately check the tracking and low and behold, it now says it was attempted to be delivered at 11am. Bullshit, my wife heard nothing and i had no slip saying it was attempted to be delivered. I get a call at 5:30 from the manager saying she had been trying to call me for some time, which was also a lie as i have perfect service at home and i had my phone in hand the whole time, why did it suddenly work?

I head down to the post office and the lady again tells me she tried calling me multiple times and then begins ranting how the postman did try to deliver the package at 11 and is calling me a liar. She then repeated, atleast 5 times tries to get me to look at the scanner because she says it said 11. I tell her it does no matter. She then asks for the slip they are supposed to leave, i tell her there was none and i checked all around my house. "Oh well someone most have stolen it". As proof i guess she asks if i have a baby, i say yes and she says well the mailman heard him. So what, he heard my baby and still assumed no one was home and just left, what was my son home alone??? I am so angry at this point i am just agreeing with whatever she says so i can get my package and get my shrimp home.

I think all this dishonesty on their part was because i asked for my money back. One of the shadiest things i have ever dealt with with a business. So beware when shipping with usps. Thankfully Nick(or his wife for that matter) is a amazing packager and the shrimp all still had great color and were active even after being in a truck in 90 degree heat all day.

Sorry for the long rant, just had to share. NOW TO SOME PICS! Sorry for the crumby cell pics, had the lights off to keep stress down. Will take some better ones tomorrow. I will try to get the bb and shadow tomorrow, the mosuras were the only ones that would cooperate.

post-225-0-65612700-1408504401_thumb.jpg

post-225-0-79332200-1408504407_thumb.jpg

post-225-0-74132400-1408504412_thumb.jpg

post-225-0-98981400-1408504419_thumb.jpg

post-225-0-60330000-1408504428_thumb.jpg

post-225-0-98654800-1408504432_thumb.jpg

Usps is def the best option, and i really have not had many issues, sure i will use them again. This was more a issue with my local post office amd their rude lying employees. I mean even if the guy really did try at 11 he couldn't have knocked a few times simce he heard my son.

I almost had this happen. I was watching the mail carrier that day. We have a shrub that obscures the side door where I waited. I watched mail get put in the box, saw the carrier sorting other mail, then keep going. I grabbed an umbrella, went out to the box, and waited to see what carrier would do(4 houses down is another city. They either had to turn around or keep going to the next intersection to continue the route. They kept going. I got on the phone and told the manager what happened. Low and behold, they came back and got my package to me.

My carrier and I now have a truce. If the door is open, she delivers. If it's closed I don't pitch a fit.

I can't really complain about usps though. It's rather cheap for what it does. I do find priority more reliable than the other options. Hubby is always ordering stuff by UPS and less than a handful have actually come on time.

Here's the interesting thing about USPS. Because USPS has mailboxes on like every street, apparently the mailman are NOT required to even walk to your door step. If it doesn't hit in your mail, then too bad. Half the time I get a big package, I have to actually stare out my window around the same time everyday waiting for the mailman and then walking to him for my package or he'll just walk right pass my house like I have nothing to receive. Not every mailman is the same but if you get a XXX mailman, they don't have to actually walk to your front door. Unlike Fedex and UPS, they MUST walk to your front door. I always have lots of packages scanned for attempted delivery when they never tried and the funny thing is they get mad when I schedule a redelivery? If you aren't doing your job, don't blame me...

I have been lucky with shrimp packages with usps. Now plant packages is whole other thing.

I had 2 packages arrive with what look like wheel/shoe marks on them. Half smashed and everything dead inside and when I call to complain I would get the old run around about how it could have been me who smashed my own box.....

Even when I ship shrimp I will cover the box with red stickers that says fragile & hand carry them to the post office. As I was walking away after handing it to the lady I looked back and watched her toss the box into a large bin that was 5ft away from her.....Not walk and place but literately toss it in lol

What a horrible experience. I'm just super happy you got them and they're doing good. Most importantly you like them :).

You guys don't even know half the dirt I have on usps.... I'll save it for another day. They've been ok for me lately so I'm not going to jinx myself just yet lol.

One thing tho... Get to know your local PO employees well especially your carrier if you order a lot of stuff that's shipped. It always works out to your benefit that way.

Thanks for sharing forumsnow, love the shrimp Nick sent. Really looking forward to more pictures.

One thing tho... Get to know your local PO employees well especially your carrier if you order a lot of stuff that's shipped. It always works out to your benefit that way.

Agreed. Sometimes I get two delivery attempts. One when she enters the complex, another when she leaves.

I had a express mail package that I send out a week or so ago that didn't arrive on time.  I went to the post office to get a refund and they refused because they didn't scan the item into their system, it was first scanned at the sort facility.  After arguing with the manager that it is not my fault they failed to scan the item I called the 1800 number and opened a claim.  The guy on the phone had never heard of that.  The manager I talked to though said the local office gets penalized for late express mail so that could be why they are being asses about it.

USPS Express Mail Guarantee is a joke. Most of the post offices don't even know how to handle these. I shipped something Express Mail that was picked up from my front door at 10 am and was scanned 11 am at the post office. It should of been delivered on time but it didn't move after arriving to designated state at 7 am. So I go to my post office and try to get my refund. Guess what they said?

Oh no, you can't get the refund, you must apply online. I was like wdf? But you must get the refund from the post office. Then they say nope, you have to bring the package to the post office yourself to qualify. I just gave up afterwards because of course they know nothing...

Poopians,

In order to get your refund, you must have the Express package reciepts filled out and make sure the clerk signs and stamps it with their nifty stamp.  That is your claim ticket in case the package don't make it for the guaranteed delivery time.  All you have to do is take that slip back to your post office and they can look it up on their 1985 CPUs.  I had to teach my local post office how this was done because they had never dealt with Express Guarantee refunds prior to my arrival at this location :).  At first they were trying to say, since I used online shipping, I probably need to claim it online.... ummmmm NO! It's the duty of every local post office to issue the refund.  

Opening up a claim will usually prompt headquarters to expedite finding your package only.  It still won't guarantee it'll make it on time if it's already lost in their system. 

Nick 

My package arrived a day late so I was just opening the claim to get the refund since the local PO doesn't want to take the responsibility.

Man...my PO must be easy. Or they just love me haha

Twice, I had a express late and all I did was print out my PayPal receipt with the buyer and seller name on it and they tracked it and gave me cash back.

Yes h4n. That's how they are SUPPOSE to handle it.

"In order to get your refund, you must have the Express package reciepts filled out and make sure the clerk signs and stamps it with their nifty stamp. "

The point of the receipt is proof you are the shipper. People like me who purchase their labels online have our online receipt. It's the same dam thing. They just don't want to give you money. That's where it ends to. They take your money happily but refuses to pay you back when they fail their promise.

I was real good with all my old mailman, last one even offered to get me a job but i was moving. Mistakes happen so i'm over it, just wish they weren't shadey. Shrimp are looking fantastic though! Amazed with the mosuras, if only they bred true they would take top honors over my royals.

SO I JUST HAD TO OPEN MY GODDAMN MOUTH.  

Get my shrimp in today........8/15 alive with a coffee stained priority box.  /sigh.

That sucks man sorry to hear, the postal service is f'in up right now! Glad to hear they arrived alive. What did you get?

That sucks man sorry to hear, the postal service is f'in up right now! Glad to hear they arrived alive. What did you get?

Luckily just orange neos and not a high priced order.  I did it just in case and I'm glad I did.  A couple of them also had bacterial infections and died shortly after.  Not surprising with that many dead shrimp in the bag.  I have to rethink shipping priority to maine in the summers now.  Used to only take 3 days....this time took 4 with some horrifying results. 

Sorry about that Banana. Lmk when you're ready to try again as discussed via pm. Usps has been sucking big time this entire summer. So many unexplained delays on many packages since I've been back. It didn't use to be this bad...

yeah I mean I never expected it to be this bad.  3 separate coffee stains on 3 sides of the box.  Like wattttt........lol.  one smelled like mocha while the another smelled like crappy folgers lololol.  Have to admit the columbian bean side didn't smell too bad.