Membership patch/perks discussion

If we can get some consensus on what you guys think will work we can do it sooner.  I am just buried right now with everything so I don't have time to track down vendors for stickers or shirts or dealing with any of that sort of stuff.  If someone wants to figure that out though I am totally on board. 

If we want a new title and color or things like that I can make those changes pretty quickly on my end.

My vote is for 3-4 different tiers, which you would receive a different color name title, customization of your "Advanced Member" title, sticky or icon saying I support ShrimpSpot. As I have said before any tshirts, hats, mouse pads, etc would be just a bonus.

Well looks like we are going up to the next tier anyways since you guys are always online ;).

You are receiving this email because your hosted community, shrimpspot.ipbhost.com, has exceeded the online user limit of your Standard 25 package.

We calculate online user counts on a 48 hour rolling average. You can view your online user usage statistics for the last seven days by going to your client area, click Purchases, click your hosting package, then View Online Users Graph.

To ensure your community is still available, your package has been automatically upgraded to the Plus 40 package. Your renewal date has not changed and you will not be charged the new package price until your normal renewal date. You can visit our web site to see all the details on this new package type.

I think it should be either your a subscriber/supporter or your not. Not multiple levels, that's too complicated for who gets what. I also think the shrimp spot gear should be for sale to all members regardless of being a paying supporter or not. Is there a poll function we could use to let members vote?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it should be either your a subscriber/supporter or your not. Not multiple levels, that's too complicated for who gets what. I also think the shrimp spot gear should be for sale to all members regardless of being a paying supporter or not. Is there a poll function we could use to let members vote?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have to agree, to hard to keep track of all that I think a flat yearly fee say 25$. This would include supporting member tag, some type of shrimp spot item and the good feeling know you support the shrimp spot. As we grow we can look into a tier type system it's to much to employ unless we had 200+ supporting members. I would be fine with a fee and a supporting member title just to make things easy for right now.

Why not have a poll to see which of the current members would like to offer financial support and then you'd know the level of subs you're likely to get. Think about offering a tangible recognition "gift" only if the next level of user limit is covered. Personally I'd prefer to go with digital recognition unless someone wants the hassle of storing,  organising and distributing said gifts. If you are desperate to sell things then I agree that any sales should be available to all thus avoiding the situation of splitting the membership into the haves and have-nots. 

Please start a poll, distinguishing tier versus non-tier, digital items such as name enhancements, colors, support sticker  versus physical inventory such as shirts, cups, hats, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow!!

That looks so cool!

Is the color off a bit or the photo? Or my phone?

I want one !

The imagery isn't that good and the pic was took under cfl this was just a sample piece.

Me too.. Lol How much bro?

I can't put a price on it because it's a sample piece, that and I feel It's up to Will to decide if he want's the shrimp spot merchandise/supporting member give a way's this was just to show some possibilities of what can be done.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok I voted for 2 tier membership - sponsors I have considered to be a tier in their own right and so I reckon you can have paying and non-paying members.

I also voted for no physical goods as to my mind the whole idea is to raise money for internet usage etc. so it would dilute the income if the cost of goods had to be considered.

By all means have physical goods if you want to generate further income, but let the members buy them if they really want them. You could always discount paying members as an incentive if you want to make some sort of distinction.

ah I guess I should have made the poll clearer, I meant do we have 1, 2, or 3 levels of paid membership not 1, 2, or 3 total (including nonpaid).

• 1 month later...

I have created the different groups now.  Please let me know if you haven't issues upgrading since I am not sure how to test it aside from letting someone try and upgrade :)

If you are already a sponsor or mod I don't think it will move you to the new group.

For those that are wondering how to do this, there is a new tab at the top that says "more."  Click on that to become a supporting member if desired.

Here's what I see.  I don't understand the URL or Image thang though, and it won't let me buy a membership without one. ???

post-2-0-56820000-1416602055_thumb.jpg

Awesome thanks for the heads up.  We can change the groups or their colors if we come up with something we like more :)