Membership patch/perks discussion

It has been brought to my attention that some people feel that they would like the opportunity to have a membership patch, t-shirt, etc.

High5 sent me the latest inquiry, and I thought I would bring it up and see how everyone else feels about this?

Should it be it be item based?  Ie. Item store?

Should it be membership based?  Ie.  Pay $20 yearly and an item is included?

Both?  Ie.  Able to buy from the item store, but only receive a patch/tank sticker by being a member?

Any other ideas?

This thread is for discussion only to guage interest.

Soothing can you explain what people are looking for? I would be interested in a membership to benefit the forum, different tiers allow for either different lettering, coloring, patches, etc.

I've received several inquiries about this since we started the forum, and it seems as if everybody has different ideas, but the same general idea- perks for membership.  They want to support the forum monetarily so we can afford upgrades here, etc- just unsure what perks they would like.

That's where you guys come in.  Give ideas.  What would be good?  What should we avoid?  What in your opinions would you appreciate as a paying member?

The different tier color is an nice touch. 

I definitely think the tiers would be the best outcome. What does the site allow for modification? Just not sure what options are available for customization if we were to have a tier system. Also, would we limit the amount of pictures to post, PMs sent/received, likes, etc.

Are you leaning towards an idea currently Soothing?

Stickers, like the ones eric makes :D shirts, hats, patches to be sewed on stuff. All great ideas to get more people interested. But also different color tiers.

On a different level sponsors should have there own color and say gold bronze and platinum etc should have there own as well. Paying for each level you could do say, green sticker, purple sticker and shirt, pink sticker shirt and hat, red sticker shirt hat and patch, black sticker hat shirt patch and 5 free shrimp. Something like tha?

New goods yearly, figure out the perks as well

I just thought it would be nice to be able to show we support  The Shrimp Spot , I think that membership fee would help with the cost of the site and any future upgrade's as the site grows. It's good to see that there is interest in member support, there are defiantly some detail's that need to be worked out. Maybe we could start a list to gauge who's interested? 

The problem with adding any additional features or perks for the supporting members is I don't really know what they would be right now.  I don't have banners or popups on the site, I don't think there is a pm limit or photo limit currently.  We could have supporting members get a different color for their name or title. 

We could have do tshirts or something like that but I have no experience as to how to go about getting decent pricing on that sort of thing.

The problem with adding any additional features or perks for the supporting members is I don't really know what they would be right now.  I don't have banners or popups on the site, I don't think there is a pm limit or photo limit currently.  We could have supporting members get a different color for their name or title. 

We could have do tshirts or something like that but I have no experience as to how to go about getting decent pricing on that sort of thing.

I like the thought of different tier color names, and maybe stickers, but I am not sure how many people would purchase a tshirt or hat? and if so, what would the costs versus benefit be going that route versus staying completely virtual/online as to what you receive for your membership fee.

My friend has a print shop, he can do shirts ,socks , coffee mugs, mouse pads and a few other thing's. I'll have some samples made.

How do you guys feel about different levels of support? It would go something like this 20$ silver 50$ gold 100$ platinum yearly membership fee. This way people can pick how involved they want to be each package will have perk's bigger the package the bigger the perk's. I'd really like to see this happen so let get it figured out.

My friend has a print shop, he can do shirts ,socks , coffee mugs, mouse pads and a few other thing's. I'll have some samples made.

How do you guys feel about different levels of support? It would go something like this 20$ silver 50$ gold 100$ platinum yearly membership fee. This way people can pick how involved they want to be each package will have perk's bigger the package the bigger the perk's. I'd really like to see this happen so let get it figured out.

May need to think of lower membership fees. I guess it will be dependent on what there is to offer per tier level.

Things like the patches or tank stickers that are unique and the only place to get them is by belonging to the forum.

They would have to be very unique and even numbered, something that so they can't be duplicated, and you can

only get one by belonging to the forum.

Not sure what perks would benefit overseas members like myself so I hope there will still be a free membership option.

I don't think any one is saying you would have to pay to be a member. That would be a death sentence to a small forum and even some large forums. The member ship fee that is being discussed would be a if you choose to donate you get X. This is just to support the forums upkeep costs and development.