I messed up, dog food in shrimp tank....

LukiBunny

So, I was feeding my dog his dinner =(.... i tripped and his dog bowl fell into the fish tank...... =(

Luckily, i caught it before the food fell out of the bowl, but now there is a layer of grease on top of my tank =(.... What should i do?  I am collecting RO water right now to do a 50% water change, but....!!!

wow thats crazy!  You should be able to pull most that off the top of the water with a water change.  Never heard of this happening before so hopefully that will be enough.

Just a suggestion but be clean with the titles please. I know there are some younger people on here to. Looks cleaner, in the thread is fine but everyone reads the titles..

Great question about the dog food.  Since this is a family friendly forum, the title has been changed a bit, but the meaning is still there. :)

Dog food is essentially protein, so shouldn't be a problem except for the oil slick on top which can be sucked up by laying a paper towel flat and then removing it.