Website building

h4n

Hello,

Anyone here good/know a bit about building a website?

I've got to the point where I really need a website.

I know it going be a longgggg process to get all the items I sell on it but in the end it will save me time and help out the buyers :)

i use shopify, but 1 thing i've found i dont care for is you cant have individual specific item shipping. but you can get creative with weight or $ values.

but this is what is keeping me from listing shrimp on my site.

I've heard good things about https://www.bigcommerce.com/  If I were to do it again I would go with that.

Bigcommerce is what I use but you also can't force shipping options based on the products.  For example I can't force people to only select Express Shipping when buying Sulawesi shrimp. 

We use iPage for our hosting. It is unlimited everything. Unlimited traffic, unlimited usage, file sizes, videos, photos, with full database, ecommerce, shopping cart, etc. You name it, they have it. And you never have to worry about going over on traffic or file size or how large your site is. You can pay once a year, or once a month payments, and they are the best, as far as I am concerned. We have several of our sites on iPage. Usually you can get a good deal for the first year, like 40 bucks for the year, and then after that, it is 145 a year. Which is reasonable, because everything is unlimited, emails, security, support. They have both email and call in support, and anytime I have had to use support, they have been excellent. One of our largest sites is ProShineClean.com and it also has the ProShineclean.mobi with it. One account can have several domains and sites hooked to it, and it doesn't cost anything extra. Your domain name

costs, but you can have four different sites being managed from the same web tools and file management, and ftp, and still only pay the one price per year.

So, just my opinion as a Webmaster and I manage several websites, but I haven't found a single host that is as good as iPage.com. GoDaddy, is good, but you have so many extras that you have to pay, you end up paying close to 500 a year if you need anything extra. The so called Free hosts do not have the tools you need to have a professional site up and running consistently, and search engines ignore websites on them, you can't get on the first page. You end up on page 20, so no one can find your site. When someone searches for shrimp, pet shrimp, TB's, neos, keywords like that, you want your site to come up on the first page of search, and as your traffic grows, you, you get there, but it take some marketing

and time. Just my opinion.

Ya Will what do you do when someone orders shrimps?

for now I still do the $5 shipping or free on orders over $50 and just eat the extra cost or build it into my prices.  For the sulawesi's if someone doesn't pay for Express shipping I send them an email and tell them they either need to upgrade to Express or I will cancel and refund their order.  It is not ideal but its the best I can do right now.

• 3 months later...

I use google for my domain and domain apps.  one stop shopping.  just pointing shopify to my google domain.

How to do that?