Hi all, great to find this forum

hey

Just wanted to post my formal intro here and to give a little bit about my aqua background

I keep saltwater reef tanks as my main wallet punisher but have done freshwater here and there for quite some time now.  I have been interested in specifically PRL shrimp for quite some time now but havn't gotten around to clearing out space for a breeding rack set up until recently.  I joined the forum mostly for advice on how to set up a nice selective breeding system and ofcourse the tons of good info for keeping them happy and healthy.

The rack hasn't been built yet I plan to finalize plans for it after some input from you guys!  

That about sums things up here so I will leave you with a pic of the last years project.

15207903611_3e354fb3f2_b.jpg

Pretty reef! Is that red macro algae or a softy in the center?

Be careful....shrimps are as bad as coral collecting; except u cant just use a rock ti seperate trouble children;-)

@country- theres def a few salties running around with shrimp fever, im sure we can help with any questions (or at least point you in the right direction)

Thanks for the welcome everyone, I look forward to your help, and helping in whatever way I find I can.

Welcome, i have a good friend thats setting up his first reef tank.. Mind if i ask ya questions If he runs into problems?

Sure thing man, to be honest saltwater imo is a lot easier than FW planted, but a whole lot more expensive.  It can be done cheaper, but theres so much stuff to put in the glass box of water its hard to hold back.

Pretty reef! Is that red macro algae or a softy in the center?
Be careful....shrimps are as bad as coral collecting; except u cant just use a rock ti seperate trouble children;-)
@country- theres def a few salties running around with shrimp fever, im sure we can help with any questions (or at least point you in the right direction)

Yeh the bright red in center and top left is a macro, I plan to get a few other unique ones its just a matter of sourcing them through hobbyists as its not really profitable for most businesses to carry or keep macro.

Forgot to mention there are 3 shrimp in the tank 2 being skunk cleaner shrimp in a mated pair the other being a rock dwelling pistol shrimp that I never see but you know hes there after being added because they make a ton of noise lol.