Blue Cardinals Do exist

ctaylor3737

Due to the differences, and the fact they are kept together- it leads me to believe they are not selectively bred out, rather possibly two different species not recognized yet. 

-or-

Two var of the same species that does not breed true.  However that seems less likely since the leg characteristics are different.

Due to the differences, and the act they are kept together- it leads me to believe they are not selectively bred out, rather possibly two different var of a species not recognized yet.

Good job, mate!!!

With the clearer picture, it looks like the blue one has longer rostrum and antennule (aka longer face). Hence, you might be right on they are different variant.

Taylor, Silane mentions ha feeds his cardinals Mosura Specialty CRS food- and that they mostly eat in the dark. Have you tried this?

Ive tried a number of different food, hard to say if they do eat or not. Its,always there in the morning or the snails get it.

Mosura CRS Specialty was discontinued over a year ago now.  I mainly feed mine GlasGarten Bacter AE and snowflake food.  They have also shown interest in CSF OmniPro when I have given them some.

Good job, mate!!!

With the clearer picture, it looks like the blue one has longer rostrum and antennule (aka longer face). Hence, you might be right on they are different variant.

Yea there is so many different species with them,

I am also going to try selective breeding the right way lol. Pull them out and go from there. Keeping them like that does nothing for them. Wonder what substrate hes using?

You may be able to create a Blood Red Line and Scarlet line that way, due to the effect the tissue underneath has with light shining on the shell pigment.

Thats true, excited to get this going. I want to see what I can do,with the yellow cheeks. They are alot larger than the cardinals. Im thinking of using a 20L this time for stability.

Yea that is also an idea, there are some that are deeper than another. I am having my friend with a nice camera come over this weekend to take some nice pictures of my stock for my website.

Here's a pic off fb, Silane shrimp posted this picture of his blue dennerle.

8101f03ab0df16f617ddac6f974dc7c5.jpg

Awesome colors, i would love to see them. This one just doesnt look that real though to me. Looks Photoshoped. Could be just me though.