Well, that's interesting...

I'll try to get some pics.

Rili sort of fell out of favor when people learned constant culling is involved for them to keep the classic look.

Interestingly enough, there's a group of people that like the splotched look which makes some variety in the tank and keeps all shrimp from being only one solid color.

Looks like I'll have to make some room.  All yellow rilis I have seen advertised are really orange rilis with poor color.

I'm as shocked as all get-out I have a real one!  The hard part will be breeding it out.  Usually the fems carry the coloring in neos.  We'll see what happens.  I'll probably pick 2-3 fems plus him in a new tank.

I never remember anything, so I just use the rules of 3.  Berried for 3 weeks, reproduce after 3 months.  Not totally accurate, but accurate enough for me to remember. LOL

I found another male yellow rili I think, however I just placed the one with 2 fems in a 10g.  The modifiers may fall into place more quickly with a limited P1 structure.

I also selected some nicely colored yellow fems, so if I get any rili in f1, hopefully the color areas will be bold and not faint.

---

Aquariumlover10, RR already exist.  I have some fro my BBRR project I can sell to you if you'd like. :)

Wow Soothing, definitely need to breed that gene out!! Keep us updated if it stays as is.

Found a yellow rili fem in the tank (this comes from my Sunshines BTW), but debating on whether to use her or not for the rili project.  The yellow isn't rili-ish, but more splotched and very light, making the splotching hard to see.  Plus no stripe.  I want to add nice bold color and am afraid if I add her the color may take a step backwards.

Then again, I may add her anyway with the understanding I can always cull the bad coloration....decisions decisions...

I say go for it. just separate her after she's knocked up and see what the offspring look like in a grow out tank. Sometimes going backwards is the only way to go forward. That may be flawed logic, but I think you get my drift.

I love the yellow one! I finally started my blue dream project. Well ill have to personalize the name as time goes on and I get some results.

I had 5+ yellow rilis appear in my yellow neo tank. I was going to try and breed them out, and then my entire stock died within a week. I never did figure out what happened to them...

Hopefully you can get a good yellow rili colony going. Good luck with 'em!

• 1 month later...