Hi everyone!

I am relatively new to the shrimp hobby and have become somewhat obsessed with these unique little creatures. My goal is honestly just to provide my shrimp a good place to call home - lots of plants to cling on, crevices to hide in, a variety of healthy meals to eat. I've been doing tons of research since before I even set up and cycled my tanks, but being so new, I still constantly have questions... about everything. So it's really nice to find a forum dedicated specifically to shrimp because a lot of the forums I've been doing research on specialize in fish. I started a YouTube channel to document my shrimp journey starting with my Opae'Ula shrimp in a Fluval Chi aquarium (which will be converted to a brackish water planted tank in a few weeks) and now have just added some Neon Yellows to a newer freshwater planted Fluval Ebi tank. I'm hoping to eventually introduce Royal Blue shrimp when the tank matures.

And now that I've learned more about shrimp (and planted tanks in general), I want to convert my Opae'Ula home into a more natural one. No more plastic plants! Ever! Planted tanks are just too beautiful and awesome to not go that route. My Neon Yellows are in a fully planted tank, and I am so proud of myself for being able to set that up all on my own... well, physically, because I did get lots help from much more experienced shrimp enthusiasts on YouTube and the Planted Tank forum. And of course, as I continue my journey, I will continue to have a bunch of questions, so I hope you will bear with me as I ask lots and lots of those. =)

I am so excited to be a part of a great community and am looking forward to gaining some real knowledge on how to better the lives of my shrimp babies. I am open to any suggestions on keeping water parameters stable, best types of food to feed, and how to keep berried females happy. Hope to see you all around soon! Thanks! ^^

Sincerely,

Christine

post-457-0-27398700-1414126403_thumb.jpg

post-457-0-00963700-1414126408_thumb.jpg

post-457-0-81846500-1414126430_thumb.jpg

post-457-0-68015700-1414126434_thumb.jpg

Hi and welcome to shrimp spot!

I've seen your Opae Ula videos on your youtube channel, they almost inspired me to get some of my own. 

They are awesome little brackish water shrimp and very tiny compared to freshwater shrimp. I absolutely adore mine because they are so easy to keep! =)

Welcome - I'm in Northern California - North of San Francisco - This is a great forum with wonderful, helpful people.

So am I! I'm about 1.5-2 hours away from SF and visit every so often when I have a long weekend and some free time. I love everything about SF... except for the hills. xD

And I agree about this forum. I posted a question earlier and got an almost immediate answer from several people. This forum is amazing! ^^

They are awesome little brackish water shrimp and very tiny compared to freshwater shrimp. I absolutely adore mine because they are so easy to keep! =)

So am I! I'm about 1.5-2 hours away from SF and visit every so often when I have a long weekend and some free time. I love everything about SF... except for the hills. xD

And I agree about this forum. I posted a question earlier and got an almost immediate answer from several people. This forum is amazing! ^^

Glad you like it! Tell your friends and LFS conver tthem!!!

• 3 weeks later...