Banner decision time - Forum opinions, Post an answer.

Doc4PC2

Hi,

For admin, site owner, moderators, opinions.

My site averages over 5.2 million hits a month, every month, and growing, and I thought I would

put The Shrimp Spot banner  on one of my websites. I can't put it on the home page,

but I can put in on a page that is third most traffic page of the site.

But.....the subject matter is not even close. My network is all about electronic cigarettes. I don't

sell any, but we do reviews, how to information, videos, photography, Top 10 lists, Top 10

sites, huge giveaways, and tons of information on everything that has to do with ecigs.

So, I wanted to ask before I put the banner up. I would put it on the sites page with the banner

and a short write up next to the banner and the link. But, because the subjects are so different,

One, I have no idea if it will do the forum any good, although, it is a good back link to have

because I am on top in all of the search engines when it comes to ecigs.

Two, I don't want to do anything without approval, as I only want to help the forum. But, It would

put the banner in front of a lot of traffic, although they are there for a different reason. 

Since ecigs are just water vapor, no smell, no fire, no ash, no residue, the vapor dissipates faster

than steam, and ecigs are way healthier than smoking, it would be good for aquatic owners to

be vaping ecigs, rather than smoking. The technology is really good now, and improving every day.

So, if the owner, admin, moderators, and others will post their opinion, and let me know if I should

put up the banner and a small write up on my site, that would be great. You can be " For or Against

it".

Plus, our social network pages, subscribers, YouTube subscribers, Facebook, Google+, Twitter,

Live Vape TV shows, and ecig forum pages have a lot of people signed up with us, and connected with us

too, so even though it is two different things entirely, a lot of people would see it, and maybe even get

some people posting, chatting, and talking about The Shrimp Spot Forum.

So, Yes, or No?

Thanks, Doc

Anyone else have any thoughts on this?  I don't see any problem but I wanted to hear some others weigh in as well.

Okay, that is three for Yes, but I was kinda hoping for more than that, and who ever

owns the forum, I would want a okay from for sure.

Ya I dont see a problem with it at all either.

Might be off your website subject but everyone has more then one hobby :)

whats your website btw?

Okay, as soon as I get some time I will put it up at my site which is http://TheEcigStop.com

and I will put it on the sites pages at: http://TheEcigStop.com/sites.html

So, I can put a short write up by the banner, or if admin wants something

particular written, let me know, and I can put that besides the banner.

You can see what the page is like and how wordy I get with each site.

Cool, and I hope it will help. Like I said, last month, we hit 5.2 million hits for the month, and it

looks like we will break that mark and hit 6 million this month.

Okay, the Banner is up and so is the write up at:   http://TheEcigStop.com/sites.html

I even put it 5th one down, so a good spot that my ecig companies would love to have,

and pay for to get it. Check it out, and admin, if you don't like what I had to say, then

write something up for me and I can change the text for you.

Either way it is a very good back link for you to have, and in a very high traffic page, and

will help you climb higher in the search engines and directories. Now, if we get anyone

coming and signing up because it is there, I don't know. Only you will know if you keep

track of where your traffic is coming from. The subjects are really different, but there may

be lots of aquatic people out there that use ecigs too, so we will see. Either way, it is good

thing and can't hurt.

Doc

Sweet!  Thanks Doc!

The Admin approves ;)

I asked another forum if I could post this in their other sites subforum but was told that no "for profit" sites could be posted there.... sorry but in no way do I feel this is a for-profit site

I'm still looking for ways to spread the word

I don't feel it is for-profit either. 

I know Jake at planted tank banned me for a week or two for posting it earlier (no warning or anything).  Of course I have seen many others post actual for-profit sites or facebook pages without problems

I asked the forum admin and they said that you can't link to other forums

Haha, I totally didn't know about any of this inter-forum drama when I responded in a thread on TPT looking for other shrimp forums... Luckily, I'm such a newbie I think they just ignored me. :) Oops. Someone else set it up with a question, though! ETA: I didn't post an actual link either, so maybe that matters.

Edited by Pika

Eh just a few people had issues with some of the staff, still a decent forum. But I think we all had our own reasons, I know personally mine had nothing to do with anyone else.

But such is life. I am happy to try to spread the word, have been working on a few ideas that il probably be running past will soon for his thoughts