weird bug?

aquariumlover10

So I was looking to in my tank, and I saw this weird bug thing moving along the back wall, I don't know how to I'd that many bugs in shrimp tanks, so anyone know what it is, its the white thing on the pic, its has a small clear tail thing too.

And I see several other bugs like things in their, are these normal?post-352-0-36001800-1419969681_thumb.jpgpost-352-0-52543200-1419969693_thumb.jpg

Random critters in a shrimp tank are completly normal.  It usually means you have very good water quality.  The only two things you dont want is hydra and planaria which does not sound like what you have.  I cant see anything in your pictures to maybe ID what you are seeing.

Years ago, when I was first learning about planaria I was told that some people had problems with them and some didn't.  I chose to listen to the people that didn't- out of my laziness to do anything with my one tank that was infected, I guess.

That quickly changed when they attacked one of my prized project shrimp and devoured her alive.  It was then that I learned about and used fenben.  Within 3 days all were gone.

You need to use fenbendazole. It is the active ingredient in dog dewormer. Or you can but planaria be gone (not sure on the name) do a search on here we discussed at length the method to treat a tank.

Can't think of any home remedies except tear the tank down and reset with all new or drop some fish in there. Then sell the fish to buy new shrimp.

But seriously you will need to buy that stuff. Can't you just get it off amazon.

Ok, I think I will try no planaria first, I may see if I can call my lfs and see if they have it.

Good luck. But from personal experience as it's mostly shrimp keepers who use it. Most places don't carry it. I think one of our sponsors sells it.

Looks like it. Check the reviews see if anyone used it in a shrimp tank.