you gotta love fancy red tigers

I am absolutely in love with my fancy taitibee red tigers.  I just cannot get enough of them. Their

markings and colors are just too cool.  So for you tiger lovers out there, here's a few new pics...enjoy!

Do you like my fan tail?

a5l0df.jpg

me and my friend

xnb7s0.jpg

Am I a pinto!

5x73mq.jpg

I got my eyes on you...you can't sneak up behind me now!

2sbwtmu.jpg

Getting some more next week.   I am going to attempt to breed these hybrid tigers now.

Great looking shrimp! I definitely agree with you on the coloration, one of my favorites. You purchased these or bred them?

Yeah...once you get the Tiger bug nothing else seems to do it for you.  I like my other shrimps too, but these fancy

striped tigers are just too cool.

I had one before that I got from a guy on TPT that bred Tibees...he kept all the red ones and I got all the black ones

he had...this one was in it.  LOVED it but couldn't get it to breed.

2044gh.jpg

Here's a pic of Monika in Germany's red tigers and I think YOYO's is every bit as good, just my personal opinion!

2vxrvpv.jpg

I am absolutely in love with my fancy taitibee red tigers.  I just cannot get enough of them. Their

markings and colors are just too cool.  So for you tiger lovers out there, here's a few new pics...enjoy!

Do you like my fan tail?

a5l0df.jpg

me and my friend

xnb7s0.jpg

Am I a pinto!

5x73mq.jpg

I got my eyes on you...you can't sneak up behind me now!

2sbwtmu.jpg

Getting some more next week.   I am going to attempt to breed these hybrid tigers now.

Beautiful shrimps.

Did you get them from breeding Red tiger to Wine red/red ruby?

very cool looking tibees.  I asked Yoyo and they are 3rd generations that I have.  Told me not to cross on Taiwans, just let them all stay together and see what markings come out on the next generation.  Ive sold off my blue neos to concentrate on these guys.  Next I am going to cross the Crystal White Bee with one of these reds to see how that works out.

I pick up 16 more from Yoyo on Saturday....yeah!

here's a few more pics today.  They were snacking on some wafers...each one pulled a piece

off and took it away.  That's a big female with my Ellen Wang3 in the grass.

w18wsn.jpg this one wanted its breaky all to itself!

343kto4.jpg

Ive got mine....mmmmmnnnn!  Get lost, go get your own.

2a8q90w.jpg

Totally agree with you Monty, Fancy Reds are awesome!! I haven't posted any for sale since I'm breeding them with some Red Zebra Pinto and Wine Reds. Just saving them all for my Red Pinto Project!!!

Hah, I always have to check my HOB filters as Ive found berried females inside them before.  In fact the Momma of my marble blue tiger was inside the bottom of my Whisper filter with a Royal blue male, that's how she got berried.  She crawled up the stocking part and over the floss into the filter and he followed her, then they couldn't figure out how to get out.  Lucky I check it regularly.

Shrimps can and do get in everywhere!  If there is a way they will find it....escape artists extraordinaire.

That's a cool looking one, is it a TT cross?

• 7 months later...

First post on this forum. 

Here are a couple of pictures of my fancy red tigers.

The first picture looks like a female and the second (possibly Male?)

post-3356-0-31433500-1451841981_thumb.jp

post-3356-0-21768400-1451841970_thumb.jp

I have a shrimp tank that has a number of different Tigers/CRS/CBS crosses but by far these two are my best looking ones.

To my surprise, I found this one in the tank last week.

post-3356-0-56435900-1451842253_thumb.jp

OOOOH TKO LOVE that last one!   What a beautie, you will need to keep that one for breeding.

Unfortunately all of my fancy red tigers died!  I got some bacterial infection in the tank and one by one they just dissappeared. I guess the snails were eating the bodies as I did not see too many. The ones I did find I took out right away, but it was too late...each day another one was gone until there were none left.  Funny thing was my Pinto Mischlings were not affected.  Will be forever missed as I had some extremely nice ones.

I am going to try again soon as I have a 20 gallon long tank being set up.  Keep posting your lovelies as it makes me happy to see others improving this unique strain.

Hard to tell from picture honestly, but they look like CRS to me, don't see any tiger pattern or coloration.

Hello all,

I was the one who warned the buyer not to buy the shrimp. When I saw the post I wanted to question the shrimp as I knew they are not fancy tigers or tibees. I have been crossing tiger genes with Crs to create fancy tigers for about a year with success.

I had posted hard evidence from my own tanks. Showing what F1,F2,F3 shrimp should look like. oebt or tt x bee will produce something with poor coloration,IE yellow/orange shrimp with either red/white or black/white stripes. Something that looks very undesirable. Hence the fact many breeders for so long were told not to keep tigers and crs together. In the post Joe Aqua states that F1, and F2 look like CRS A or S grade seen jn the photo above. Which is impossible as all offspring are hybrids. It doesn't work like TBxBee and CBSxCRS\GB if anything you will find a noticeable break in the bee patteren.

Rather than take my evidence and actual knowledge of tibees. That auction post blatantly ignored everything I had to say and sided with just words from Joe Aqua, who is a big name importer. His responses to me were contradictory and lack evidence. It's easy to believe lies of someone with a name than true evidence by an honest breeder. Even if you managed to create tibees with mostly Bee genes. They would not produce perfect crs\cbs patterns. They would produce a low grade fancy tiger.

Also about the post about keeping them with Taiwan bees... That means nothing, there are plenty of breeders and a few people selling on here who have crossed tibees with Taiwan bees. They will not look like normal crs.

Take note that the source of the shrimps were from here. Not a breeder but an importer.

http://www.shrimpspot.com/index.php?/topic/4011-4th-of-july-sale/

Hello all,

I was the one who warned the buyer not to buy the shrimp. When I saw the post I wanted to question the shrimp as I knew they are not fancy tigers or tibees. I have been crossing tiger genes with Crs to create fancy tigers for about a year with success.

I had posted hard evidence from my own tanks. Showing what F1,F2,F3 shrimp should look like. oebt or tt x bee will produce something with poor coloration,IE yellow/orange shrimp with either red/white or black/white stripes. Something that looks very undesirable. Hence the fact many breeders for so long were told not to keep tigers and crs together. In the post Joe Aqua states that F1, and F2 look like CRS A or S grade seen jn the photo above. Which is impossible as all offspring are hybrids. It doesn't work like TBxBee and CBSxCRS\GB if anything you will find a noticeable break in the bee patteren.

Rather than take my evidence and actual knowledge of tibees. That auction post blatantly ignored everything I had to say and sided with just words from Joe Aqua, who is a big name importer. His responses to me were contradictory and lack evidence. It's easy to believe lies of someone with a name than true evidence by an honest breeder. Even if you managed to create tibees with mostly Bee genes. They would not produce perfect crs\cbs patterns. They would produce a low grade fancy tiger.

Also about the post about keeping them with Taiwan bees... That means nothing, there are plenty of breeders and a few people selling on here who have crossed tibees with Taiwan bees. They will not look like normal crs.

Take note that the source of the shrimps were from here. Not a breeder but an importer.

@MinusInfinity thanks! .

I saw the whole debate, which is why I second guessed it. I did not purchase the auction for that reason. I was not fully convinced they were tiger shrimps. I don't have any tiger shrimps and didn't know much about them.

@MinusInfinity thanks! .

I saw the whole debate, which is why I second guessed it. I did not purchase the auction for that reason. I was not fully convinced they were tiger shrimps. I don't have any tiger shrimps and didn't know much about them.

Hey Puff Puff, just so you don't make the mistake I did, Fancy Red Tigers aren't really tigers. Red Tigers are, but the fancy ones are tibees, or taitibees, or tyeyourbees, or something. No experience at all with ghose but I expect someone will help out and clarify. The water parameters are very different.

Hello all,

it is important to note that the term "fancy tigers" is used and was in fact coined by asian breeders / exporters as a "catch-all" term for any tiger / bee shrimp hybrids not just Tibees ; they don't necessarily need have tiger strips to be a fancy tiger or any particular pattern, just as long as they have a mixture of tiger and bee shrimp genes. You also have to remember that Pinto carry tiger genes so any crossing of any type with pintos will technically give you "fancy tigers" as well.  In Europe, they prefer to call them mischlings or Taitibee / tibee / Tangtaitibee etc; In Japan they call them cloud shrimps but that include pintos as well. But in Asian so breeders / importers decided to lump them all under the "fancy tigers" name.  

This is a photo of Joe's Red Fancy Tiger colony from an import he did earlier this year:

50397_zpsprlkeg4h.jpg

And these are his black fancy tigers:

S__4505603_zpskcokwafg.jpg

As you can see there is quite a wide range of patterns; my guess is the above fancy tigers are not purposely bred to look a certain way but are just culls or mischlings from various breeding projects (pinto's / taiwan bee etc;) as there are many crossings that occur in asia to get new patterns or to strengthen current ones.  

Of course fancy tigers with tiger strips are probably more desirable than one without so that probably why those ones are up for auction and if you want fancy tigers with tiger strips than you probably don't want those ones : )

This reminds me of simialr debate many years ago about some imported Benibachi PRL's that produced some all white offsprings.  It basically came down to the importers having one definition of what a PRL is and Benibachi not having any (i.e. PRL term not used in Japan)