Assassin snail attaking my shrimps. Watch my video!!

Citycode01

I was feeding my shrimps last night and couldn't believe my eyes when I saw one cherry shrimp (red rilli) has been attacked by assassin snail. I grabbed my Iphone and start recording video and then got my Canon camera when my Iphone run out of memory.

Today I managed to create a video clip and uploaded it on YouTube. It's better to see then tell, just watch what's happened.

Sorry about silly comments, I hope they make you smile :D

That was wonderful, and enlightening! I've had assassin's for quite a while and never seen* such behavior.

I agree with the others too, the music and commentary are great! 

Time to make a sequel with the actual grab.

Yea that would be nice to catch this moment on camera. I didn't see that moment myself, I watched my shrimps at that time but probably I was looking at another corner when it happened because I saw the snail together with the group of  shrimps on one side of the tank then a moment after I saw that snail holding the shrimp it probably happened very quickly within a second or so. I didn't see that behaviour in the past and it happened late night at around 3am. I think this is the time when they start hunting at night because I never see assassin snail in the day they just dig themselves deep in the substrate and sleeping there.

That was awesome and you captured proof of the age old debate about if assassin snails will really attack healthy adult shrimp.    The music was awesome. ........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... and............................................................................................................................................................

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; You have way to much time on your hands.  LOL