Hello from Birmingham UK

jagz

Hey everyone,

First of all id like to say thank you for having me,

I have joined here as im in the progress of setting up a caridina breeding project, I have 11 tanks planned ranging from 75 litres upto 115 litres, my aim is to start from the very beginning of bee shrimp and hopefully get some Taiwan bee shrimp, so im doing plenty of research on here and other forums on the way to go, I understand all the genetics, cross breeding and line breeding to obtain my goal, but I am just unsure on where to start. so my first question is -

Should I buy a colony of cbs and a colony of crs and cross breed these or should I try to get mischlings and use these, or all 3?

Thank you in advance.

Jagz

Welcome!  Great to have you here. :)

"start from the very beginning of bee shrimp and hopefully get some Taiwan bee shrimp"

TB are a mutation, and you'd wait a very long time to get them from crs/cbs. ;)

thank you for your reply, yes after a small amount of research I have realised that this might not be possible, so what would your recommend starting with I have moved the question to <<here>> please would you care to reply on there so I can keep the info in 1 place,

kind regards

Welcome.

I got a Aston Villa scarf when I visited a friend in Birmingham 23 years ago. Ol' memories!

Had a good time there. I liked the town.

• 2 weeks later...