R/O vs Distilled

What is the difference between the two? My husband uses distilled water for his cpap machine. Can I use this to do an immediate water change tonight and then get some R/O water for tomorrow?

Is one better than the other?

Thinking about switching to distilled or finding a better place for R/O.  Walmarts R/O nitrates are at 5 ppm.  I tested my tap water to verify the validaty of the API test and my tap water's nitrates are at 0 ppm. geez!

Thinking about switching to distilled or finding a better place for R/O.  Walmarts R/O nitrates are at 5 ppm.  I tested my tap water to verify the validaty of the API test and my tap water's nitrates are at 0 ppm. geez!

You should be fine, any RO water's TDS below 20ppm is good.

Yes they are expensive, but I figure distilled doesn't cost that much and I'm keeping a tight fitting lid on the tank to reduce evaporation.

It's not about cost of the water. You don't need to go in the shop to buy water and carry big canister all the time. You just fill large container at home when you need some water and when you runout you fill it up again and you will know that your water is perfect. It will be less stress for you and your shrimps.

So you meant that ro water with 5ppm nitrate is fine? No way I would use it, it would just adding extra nitrate in the tank.

I'm talking about TDS, not Nitrate.