Suprise mutation from my TB colony

That's not a random mutation from just TB's.

It took breeders years of hard work to get Pintos so either you bought them with pinto genes or at some point they could have been crossed with pintos.

The real question is where did you get the original TB colony & how long has it been going for.

Wow! Those are Pintos and are really sharp! As stated, when did you first buy your TBs?

Interesting. Are these your first Pintos from that stock? Did you add additional TBs or Tiger shrimp to the mix?

A few months ago i set up 2 tanks. 30 pieces of black TB's and 30 pieces red TB's.

I wanted to see if they breed true. The reds bred out all red TB's. Colors ranging from Light red to dark maroon red.

The black TB's on the other hand produced both black and red TB's. That was interesting.

There were a couple of shadow hino TB's in that tank . i noticed some mosura and spotted head TB's.

Great picture! Very interesting for sure. Congratulations on obtaining Pintos without going through the long process of creating them from scratch.

Not sure why your red TBs never produced any other color. In CBS/CRS, black is the dominant gene, and red was the recessive thus being bred out. I would of guessed at least the marbled/dragon wine reds would have a decent chance to produce black TBs.

would you consider these spotted ?

Yes. If they had no spots, they would be called "Skunk".

It did take quite sometime for the Pinto Gene to come out. Maybe in time the Black coloration will come out. Not sure, great experiment though.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow! You are very lucky, gorgeous shrimplets, can't wait to see them as they mature.

I can't say enough about these shrimp and offspring. Your fortunate!